The Related Word Game - 2017!

Colt -> Fangschusswaffe

Fangschuss = Coupe de grace, Waffe = weapon

If searching a wounded animal -mainly boar injured by a car in my case- you follow your dog throw the bushes and only weapon you can wield is a real short fire-arm. If an angry boar suddenly attacks you you want stopping power: nice calibre, hollow point ammo (Hornady Critical Defense, here only allowed for coupe de grace) , but small for walking throw thorn bushes, safe when stumbling , but reliable when needed. Fired it only one time on a boar, I search very carefully and prefer a boar spear for checking.

My choose was a Taurus 605.

800px-IMAG0290.jpg

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, chattius said:

Colt -> Fangschusswaffe

Fangschuss = Coupe de grace, Waffe = weapon

If searching a wounded animal -mainly boar injured by a car in my case- you follow your dog throw the bushes and only weapon you can wield is a real short fire-arm. If an angry boar suddenly attacks you you want stopping power: nice calibre, hollow point ammo (Hornady Critical Defense, here only allowed for coupe de grace) , but small for walking throw thorn bushes, safe when stumbling , but reliable when needed. Fired it only one time on a boar, I search very carefully and prefer a boar spear for checking.

My choose was a Taurus 605.

800px-IMAG0290.jpg

Fangschusswaffe -> deadly 

💪

gogo

deadly -> stupidity

Reading the Darwin Awards I never know if I should laugh or shake my head in disbelieve about all this stupidity

Halloween death

(31 October 1998, Canada) For Halloween this year, a Canadian man dressed as a mummy by wrapping himself from head to toe in fluffy cotton batting. The cotton was taped at the wrists and ankles, and white gloves and running shoes completed his ensemble. As the mummy waited for his girlfriend to dress for pictures, he carelessly lit a cigarette... and the fluffy cotton burst into flames.

The reason for flame-retardant costumes became clear.

Firefighters arrived within minutes, yet already the mummy costume was reduced to ashes, right down to the white coveralls underneath. The man kept repeating, "It's my fault." He was taken to Soldier's Memorial Hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns, where he died the next morning.

numbered -> Xmas-trees

We have a part of the forest with x-mas trees people can chop themself when registered. The trees have numbers and they can do a walk in this time of the year, tell us the number they want and then they can chop it short of x-mas. Kids manage all themself for some extra pocket money.

Not much baby-sitting or gras mewing in a village with just 125 people.

The damaged and sorted out trees are cut in twigs and sold as grave covers for winter. We call this Grabeindeckung für den Winter. Don't know the english word or if it is a tradition outside germany too.

xDSC00331.jpg

Christmas tree => decorate!:christmastree:

It's Christmas time again and I put up the tree last weekend. This weekend it will be decorated in all its wondrous splendor!

:ded_snegurochka:

• Like! 1

decorate -> scroll saw

Our traditional decoration: dried fruits, pine cones and wooden decoration made with a scroll saw. The saw is also nice for wooden animals and such. Grandpa was a wood worker and all the old mechanical tools are still in use. The only reason to buy an electric scroll saw (Proxxon) was that the saw blades for the mechanical one got very rare and expensive.

How it is done

• Like! 1
On 11/13/2021 at 7:22 AM, Hooyaah said:

Christmas tree => decorate!:christmastree:

It's Christmas time again and I put up the tree last weekend. This weekend it will be decorated in all its wondrous splendor!

:ded_snegurochka:

Lol nooooo 😄 You can’t mention a Christmas tree and not post a picture of it! We will have to get the Christmas tree Christmas post going soon!

On 11/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, chattius said:

decorate -> scroll saw

Our traditional decoration: dried fruits, pine cones and wooden decoration made with a scroll saw. The saw is also nice for wooden animals and such. Grandpa was a wood worker and all the old mechanical tools are still in use. The only reason to buy an electric scroll saw (Proxxon) was that the saw blades for the mechanical one got very rare and expensive.

How it is done

They look beautiful ! Love the craft and talent 

scroll saw ~ crafting

🙈

gogo

Artisan -> Walz

Three years and one day apprentices had to be on the 'Walz'. Wearing historical guild costumes and staying away from the hometown for the three years they had to walk from master craftman to master craftman all over Germany to learn their profession. Often they ask for food and bed at farms for doing some repair while on the walz. Our oldest did something close to it and spend a year travelling through Europe learning about old historical trees and how to repair them.

Last waltzing person we had was pre-covid a girl from Aarhus (denmark) who wanted to learn about German wooden patchwork houses. Her dad learned at my grandpa while he did his Walz.

handwerkwalzdpagjpg100~_v-Podcast.jpg

And yes, the Australian song 'Waltzing Mathilda' is about the bag the free Waltzing people carry while searching for work.

• Like! 1

piano -> joystick

The space trade flight simulation 'Elite' for the BBC Micro played the Donauwellenwalzer (short for: waltz about the waves of the blue danube) when you activated the docking computer. After my little brother and sister ruining my second digital Joystick I bought an analogue one. Much like the remote control of my model sailplanes. The trim control could be used to adapt to the docking station rotation, another for a constant small thrust, ...   We were way quicker than the docking computer this way and saved the game money for the docking station for better laser weapons :)

Got the money for the BBC when I was asked if I could do anything useful with my first computer, a Rockwell AIM 65. I did a control interface for the heating system of our house. End of 'MY' AIM. It saved a lot of oil and my dad gave me money for a new computer, Another used one, same processor, the BBC,

600px-Ch_products_mach_2_joystick.jpg

• Like! 1