How do you like your coffee?

When I was a kid in the N-E of England, 'good' coffee was basically flavoured hot milk. Heat the milk, give it a sniff at the coffee, add sugar to taste. Coffee was Camp coffee, in a bottle, lots of chicory.

My mother never changed. In France I had to order a cup of hot milk for her, and a black coffee for me, then put a level teaspoonful of my coffee into her milk. Hey presto.

So how do you like your coffee? What do you consider to be 'good' coffee? What do you make at home, and what do you choose when you are out?

I don't

nope.

nada.

sorry I hate the stuff!

*runs from erialc and the lovers of the "elixir of life"

:BlobRed:

~Doom

P.S. If its any consolation I hate tea too.. so watery and sickly

I have my coffee black, always. I know its bad, but I have lactose intolerance so no milk for me. (don't tell me to put soy milk, that's not gonna happen) :D

well I don't have much time in the morning usually so I have to depend on the coffee maker to grind my morning cup. But in my free time I like to do it all by myself. I love it Vietnamese style, which takes a long time to drip, but it is strong and has a high flavor. Not surprisingly this oriental drip style works well with a java blend.

Edit: No coffee, no tea! And you call yourself British doom? :BlobRed: Seriously what do you do with your china, or your blueberry muffins? :4rofl:

I like my coffee black with no sugar or anything else in it.

And a glass of cold milk goes well with those muffins. :4rofl: At least for me it does. :BlobRed:

Well in never having mastered the wonders that is a coffee maker, :BlobRed:

Ive always just made instant. But its powerful stuff, with two heaping spoons of sugar and a large dollop of milk.

I dont usually eat breakfast, Just the coffee! (But I certainly wouldn't pass up a big plate of steak and eggs if it were offered!)

Seriously what do you do with your china, or your blueberry muffins? :BlobRed:

my parents use our china, I don't eat muffins often, but when I do I have them with milk or nothing

:4rofl:

~Doom

I'm with TimofDoom, coffee is bad. I do like tea however, but only because it actually has health benefits...

I like my coffee "real". No milk nor sugar, and strong.

As to health benefits, perhaps you didn't know this tidbit, but citizens of the USA get more antioxidants (a known anti-cancer agent) from coffee than any other source. Probably because they drink a lot, though.

And none of this "breakfast" stuff -- coffee is for all day. Seven, eight cups is my norm.

Seriously what do you do with your china, or your blueberry muffins? :bounce:

my parents use our china, I don't eat muffins often, but when I do I have them with milk or nothing

:)

~Doom

Ok I'm not British, but I grew up going to this church where there was a British ministry staff. Every Sunday morning for all eternity I would have tea with this aging British lady who did it the old fashion way. With homemade finger biscuit, blueberry muffin, etc.

It is an injustice to the china pot if you don't use them! I tell ya, Its the way of life! Be a good boy, listen to the aging lady... *cough* I mean me, and have your tea the RIGHT way. :4rofl:

Well in never having mastered the wonders that is a coffee maker, :bounce:

Ive always just made instant. But its powerful stuff, with two heaping spoons of sugar and a large dollop of milk.

+1

I also like Turkish coffee, but it is up to who is cooking it. If I have to do it, I will never drink it but if someone offers, I am on it :4rofl:

I also like to eat what is left (all the grains) on the bottom.

Turkish coffee. With a big spun of coffee no milk no sugar nothing in there. The only thing that will wake me up.:4rofl:

P.S.:Moved to The Dark Kitchen

:bounce:

The perfect topic!

I have a wicked coffee machine my folks bought me as they know I am a slave to the bean. It will make evill espresso's or wicked frothy cappucino's, I love that nozzle for the milk..ahh I can't describe the sound LOL (3 lined up in the morning usually get me awake, hey it's 5.45 what do you want a smile?) and then throughout the day depending how lazy or tired I am( if I'm not at home I have my favorite coffee vendors!) I will have it via the machine drip drip drip or maybe a few instants, spoon melting. I love it with a dash of milk and 1 brown sugar...and... :) don't you dare put white sugar in it! :) I know I know but it's my vice so I like it that way....should I be worried if I can't go to bed with one last cup? It helps me sleep!

And ewwww coffee made with milk hehe I do remember it fondly though, skin on the top :sick: and there really is no smell like camp coffee! mmmmm wonder if I can find a bottle! ;) but I'll have it minus the milky skin on the top stuff LOL

In Ireland as a kid we used to get hot milk laced with poteen! :4rofl: My Nana said it wuld help us sleep LOL it did that and for years I thought it was the fresh air...nice one Nana! :3lmao:

Milk does have a small amount of nerve smoothing agent (ah forgot the chemical name, and smoothing is totally not the medical term either :4rofl:). So a warm milk does help a little bit if you can't sleep.

Your Nana isn't really bluffing, I dunno about the poteen however. :bounce:

Edit: ah found it, Tryptophan. Heating the milk helps release the Tryptophan from the bond, and thus more effective than a cold glass of milk.

Does no one have it black, sweetish, laced with rum and thick cream on top?....except me occasionally when the boss takes her beady eye off the cupboard where the cooking rum is kept. :4rofl:

Depends. Black. With sugar. With a stick of caramelized sugar. With some coffee liqor liqeur liquer whatever the flavoured stuff. SOMETIMES a splash of milk. But mostly it's Cappucino if I have the choice. :bounce:

But I hardly drink it.. Mostly in winter. Summer is more a cold coffee season :4rofl: they got this thingy here called café fresco from a major dutch coffee brand (Douwe Egberts) it's basically cold coffee but it's so darn delicious! Comes in two flavours: cappucino and macchiato. Yummm

Edited by Timotheus

Oh black absolutely, diluted with nothing except maybe a bit of ice on those sweltering summer days. And plain! None of those poncy fancy flavoured coffees for me!

Ok, once in a while when I'm feeling indulgent, I'll pour a generous splash of Bailey's in - usually around the winter holidays.

And then again, there's herb teas, the tissane, the infusion. Herbs suitable for all your problems from too much sex to too little. :whistle:

They still serve 'tissanes' in the bars here. Tilleul (lime, linden) or verveine. Easier than getting a decent cuppa tea. Thought all that went out in the 19th century.

Good thing is, if you have a little space or live in the country, most of the herbs are FREE. Little patches under the window. Lemon balm, camomile, mint, thyme, verveine, and a whacking great 'tilleul' tree dominating our small garden.

All very healthy. Some even drinkable. :3lmao:(so they tell me)

Edited by Bondbug

Even the smell of coffee gives me a really sore head, so I don't drink it at all.

Tea, on the other hand, I drink like water. Usually with milk, sometimes without. No sugar, because that's way too much effort.

Coffffeeeeee! Cooofffffffffeeeeeeeeee!

That's an amazing substance! I very very seldom drink it for the pleasure of it, only when I'm sleepy. Huge cup, very strong, preferably a little cold (so you can drink it fast), no sugar, no milk, only caffeine. (that's the college student in me that sleeps seldom more than 6h, usually 5)

Otherwise I prefer to drink tea, Earl Grey or green, no milk or sugar added.

I rarely drink coffee and when I do it's mostly either when I'm visiting someone and they offer coffee or at a restaurant, never to keep myself awake.

But when I drink it I guess any coffee is fine as long as it's flavour is good and as long as it has tons of sugar in it. :) Not because I dislike the taste of coffee, but because I like drinking both my coffee and tea with lots of sugar. Sugar is good for the brain, lol. :)

black coffee with a litlle bit of sugar or no sugar at all. and no milk :4rofl: .medium roasted.

usually, im making fast version of turkish coffee - few tee spoons of fine (very fine)grinded coffee and boiling water, and let it sit for 10-15 mins