What's great about FDM

Take a look at the stats -- most users on line - TODAY at 05:35 At SIF, it was back in 2004, iirc

As Kevin Costner said in The Postman -- Things just keep getting better every day! :cha (18):

hehe, funny you should mention this Gial. It was just yesterday that I had the members and all posts recounted and had our "most peeps online" indicator reset. It was running at a big 80 which looked kinda cool but wasn't really an accurate reflection because, at that time, our tracking software here was giving each instance of a search program a guest identity. It's fixed up now and the numbers are real, and like you said...looking better every day. I think we're still a small community, but everyone coming here and adding to the energy has, as you noted, having a cool effect on growth.

Here's a pic I took a few days ago of peeps online. I was astounded so many were on at once. Warm fuzzy feeling though. Was the first time our community here had hit two lines of names. Yay! :cha (18):

secondline.gif

Thank you everyone, yeah, the future is looking shiny :)

:4rofl:

gogo

The best thing about FDM for me it all the people I have met before I decided to join and I came back online I only knew Gogo and Llama now I have met so many cool people from all over the world and I am looking forward to calling all of them friend. The added bonus is that I am learning alot about the way ya'll interact and how open and warm their hearts are. It is a nice change after so many years of war I saw and how much hate is still in this world so what I am saying is...... thank you all of you for helping me believe in the world again and thank you for bringing me into this community with open arms.

Oh this is definitely my favorite place to be! Ok ok, so maybe I'm a wee bit biased but seriously... How can you go wrong with such great food, (The Dark Kitchen), and a bar that's always open! (Key Largo Bar) :lol: Oh and awesome smilies too!

Without a doubt everyone around these parts are totally amazing. As gial said that Kevin said: "Things just keep getting better every day!" And I totally agree. :D

It feels just like home with a big open door, everyone is welcome mat :D and the heart of every home is ofc the kitchen, well we have one of those and the best community around :D

:D

Props to you Gial you totally summed it up :D

:bow:

Oh there is too many to list!

I guess the best thing I can say, it is makes me happy to be here and to have made some wonderful friends whom I find make my life so much .. well happier :D Ok, Corny I know, but the best way to put it! :bow:

Lol, I wonder about that Dark Kitchen...it's gotten so huuuuuuuuuuuge...

Gosh, with all the recipes, and risotto and Haggis..it's a wonder we can even walk away from our computers!

gogo

Gosh, with all the recipes, and risotto and Haggis..it's a wonder we can even walk away from our computers!

:D

gogo

Maybe we should start a cooking clan.

Don't even start Indy!

gogo

p.s. I sometimes wonder how a kitchen got to be so popular for a gaming community. Cool...but so SO unexpected! :rolleyes:

Yep. I think apart from the incredible friendliness (Sacred is the same in that respect) its the sheer variety here, and the creative ingenuity of the imaging.

And people like EvilMale up above making it worth while

And Clan Cuisine, Indy - we would need a banner. Any offers?

Edited by Bondbug

Errr, one thing the counter was reset by the update, it used to be most ever 83 in april

:rolleyes:

~Doom

Yep. I think apart from the incredible friendliness (Sacred is the same in that respect) its the sheer variety here, and the creative ingenuity of the imaging.

And people like EvilMale up above making it worth while

And Clan Cuisine, Indy - we would need a banner. Any offers?

Thanks Bond, ooh, warm fuzzy feeling, :D

heh, maybe we should make a Dark Cookbook...

Woot!

Extra Gazpacho recipes please!

:woot:

gogo

Ohhh an interactive Dark cook book! How awesome!

Schot...darlink, you know you want to!

*hides*

And FDM couldn't be FDMN without the amazing family we have here. :woot:

:P

gogo

Maybe we should start a cooking clan.

:cry:

:heart: Not until gogo has worked through his food issues, otherwise it might be explosive :heart:

For me, everyone here has welcomed me with open arms, I have only been here about a week feels like years. That says alot about the community.

This topic is all wrong I thought it would be about me :cry:

And I am with Funkified about the cooking clan whats the point of making a cooking book and banner when we all know that Gogo will ether burn them or blow them up and it is not just him that I am worried about think off Schot they are living together :P

P.S.: I have to turn on the jokes or you will all make my worm inside :heart:

Quote Funkified

For me, everyone here has welcomed me with open arms, I have only been here about a week feels like years.

Ah..I'd better say hi then, and welcome. Better late than never. Pity about that place you live in, all those kangaroos and desert. Mind you my daughter-in-law loves it. We got your rugby team here in September for the world cup, with a good chance I reckon.

Don't mind me canny lass. Just an old embittered great grand-dad.

Quote Funkified
For me, everyone here has welcomed me with open arms, I have only been here about a week feels like years.

Pity about that place you live in, all those kangaroos and desert.

:bounce: It is funny the perception people have about different countries, do people outside of Australia, really think that Kangaroos are running around wild here? We used to hear that Americans thought we kept them as pets.

Just to clear up some of those myths, maybe if you were in the outback which is more central Australia, which is basically uninhabited there are kangaroos running freely :bounce: but for us city folk, if we want to see one, we have to go to a zoo. :bounce: oh and as for the desert, the only sand I have seen are the beaches, beaches and more beaches.

What are some of the other things people think occur in Australia?

Ah, but my daughter-in-law is my secret spy though you will no doubt tell me (rightly) that over back of Perth is not typical. They go off camping, into the massive area of desert, and they kangaroos is dangerous - you get one landing on your car roof and you will know about it. Australian rugby players are a bit like that too.

I also know that there is a town which carries my family name at the foot of Mount Terrible. Mind you I was a kid when I looked it up, maybe it has gone now.

There you go. I know Australia like the back of my ..er...well like the back of it anyhow. Once bought an Australian rugby player a pint in a bar in Sussex. So I am nearly a native.

Wild gangs of ninja kangaroos that steal off with babies?

:bounce:

gogo

p.s. LOL :bounce: jk :bounce:

p.s.s. I actually worked there for a few months...gorgeous in Sydney!

Ah, but my daughter-in-law is my secret spy though you will no doubt tell me (rightly) that over back of Perth is not typical. They go off camping, into the massive area of desert, and they kangaroos is dangerous - you get one landing on your car roof and you will know about it. Australian rugby players are a bit like that too.

I also know that there is a town which carries my family name at the foot of Mount Terrible. Mind you I was a kid when I looked it up, maybe it has gone now.

There you go. I know Australia like the back of my ..er...well like the back of it anyhow. Once bought an Australian rugby player a pint in a bar in Sussex. So I am nearly a native.

Ahh Perth well some areas are close to the outback so that information you have correct, and you are right, Perth is completely different to the big cities of Melbourne and Sydney (Melbourne is where I grew up and Sydney is now where I live). Though with the mining boom that Western Australia is experiencing maybe their city will grow as well. Our take on Perth from the Eastern States is that they were always 20 - 25 year behind us :bounce:

:bounce: And buying a beer for any Australian, well what can I say, you are welcome home anytime :bounce:

Wild gangs of ninja kangaroos that steal off with babies?

:woot:

gogo

p.s. LOL :bounce: jk :bounce:

p.s.s. I actually worked there for a few months...gorgeous in Sydney!

LOL gogo, I can see Meryl Streep now, with that awful accent say " that ninja kangaroo stole my baby" :bounce:

Did you experience the food and beaches of Sydney gogo? Where did you stay?

Edited by Funkified
LOL gogo, I can see Meryl Streep now, with that awful accent say " that ninja kangaroo stole my baby" :P

or Elaine from Seinfeld --- Maybe the Dingo got your baby !