Paid for Powerlevelling with Sacred...is it coming?

Hey guys

Power leveling for money is a concept that you can find now on a great number of of other sites. Epecially on those where the account is usually a measure of effort over time and has a sense of "permanency" about it. World of Warcraft is notorious for this, as communities are found in poor countries where wages are cheap, and their time is then hired out to just "level" characters to the asked for level, and then upon completion...is sold to a buyer from a richer country that didn't want to spend the real life time in the first place to level the toon. The subject is contentious with many camps arguing vociferously on all sides.

I'm curious...if someone offered you let's say fifty bucks to run a toon up to niobium on their account...would you do it? How about a hundred bucks...would you do it? Sacred offers almost the same permanency of accounts as WOW does, and is a reflection of time and pain (:() I'm actually surprised that I personally haven't seen power leveling offered for Sacred in all my searches on the net, but I'm wondering if the "freshness" of the new upcoming game, with the now old concept of paid power leveling will make it's way into our little online world.

:sick:

gogo

Me personally, nope I wouldn't do it. I'm also really glad it's something thats never reared it's head with Sacred. Why on earth would someone be so daft as to want to pay for a toon already level'd etc. The fun for me is to play that toon and see it develop, not use one someone would have made. Why bother to play the game at all if you don't want to invest the time and effort it takes and yes the pain too lol. Heck people can dl naked toons if they wish to test out ideas or even haha make their own! thats the fun part!

As for the part about this being done by those in richer countries paying those in poorer countries well makes me a little ill to think of it like that. Lazy 'richer' people paying someone, wheres the pride in that?...sorry if I seem harsh it just seems a crappy way to want to play a game, if one could call it playing at all. Now maybe if I lived in a 'poorer' country maybe I would exploit those lazy richer people but ewww I find it really distasteful if I'm honest.

So no I don't ever want to see it and I wouldn't take part in it on either side, making or using someone else's. Ugh...lazy....just my opinion ofc :(

OH I fully agree, You lose the whole point and heart of the game and I can honestly say No.. But (hahaha) if it were 1000 bucks I might consider it! :sick: Just kidding! :(

Depens what build that player has and how much he/she is willing to pay me for doing it. If it's some no brains build: ice shards, blazing disk, Call of ancestors, CL/Rbol, Gust of Wind, PA/MS, Perma vamp, Poison Mist, Flamethrower/Cannon blast etc.. that can level up to plat or even into niob in few hours whitout any danger I would do it.

Also I would happily sell stuff and runes like they do on those poor Blizzard games.. diablo 2 and WoW. Really lame, but hey I don't mind getting some extra just from playing a game. Personaly I would never pay for it.. well I wouldn't ever even pay on a game if I can't play it for free online, just like WoW.

Hi :drunkards:

Hehe thanks Gogo for the opportunity to make some cheap advertisement!

"Want to play in Sacred? Want to play among the living legends of this game? Discover the thrilling world of HC without the required time, skill and determination? And you want it fast (maybe tomorrow)? We are a group of talented professionals who could help you and open up endless possibilities for you!

No more pointless hours before your PC - no more fun playing in the best community ever - no more difficult time for you - and whats the most important: no more despaired attempts to go past bronze!

All you need is to state what char you would like to be raised to 216. In the case you are too unfamiliar with the game we could help you choose a char that would best suit your personality.

Please fill the attached questionnaire and give us your bank accounts details with unrestricted accesibility to your savings."

Hehe just a pathetic joke :)

CS.

ps.:

If you are interested in the above mentioned services you can get my email from the board administrators.

Edited by Csaszar

I don't think that I could do this. It really takes away from the time and effort we put into our build and how much of ourselves go into the toon. I mean come on I know people like that are around on other gaming communities, but I for one am glad that I haven't ran across some one like that. I could honestly say that my general disposition would go from being polite and courteous, to rude and down right nasty in a matter of seconds. Think about it you max their toon out and get none of the credit for it. I would have to say I would Pass on that even though the money would be nice but the credit and recognition of the hard work you put into the toon is better.

Hi :bye:

Hehe thanks Gogo for the opportunity to make some cheap advertisement!

"Want to play in Sacred? Want to play among the living legends of this game? Discover the thrilling world of HC without the required time, skill and determination? And you want it fast (maybe tomorrow)? We are a group of talented professionals who could help you and open up endless possibilities for you!

No more pointless hours before your PC - no more fun playing in the best community ever - no more difficult time for you - and whats the most important: no more despaired attempts to go past bronze!

All you need is to state what char you would like to be raised to 216. In the case you are too unfamiliar with the game we could help you choose a char that would best suit your personality.

Please fill the attached questionnaire and give us your bank accounts details with unrestricted accesibility to your savings."

Hehe just a pathetic joke :D

CS.

ps.:

If you are interested in the above mentioned services you can get my email from the board administrators.

:drunkards:

Thats great!! I especially love the unrestricted access to the bank account! :)

Oh you guys are bad... I really hope someone takes you up on that though.

I wouldn't pay someone to level my character, but I would accept money to level theirs. If you really try hard enough you could get to niob in a few hours... I've just always wanted to play with my character, find it's boundaries and explore other areas. You know, enjoy him or her. With proper setup and a plan I think it would take like 5 or 6 hours, of course depending on server traffic...

Wow, I also hope we don't see this sort of thing with Sacred 2. I don't know what caused the special feel that we as a community had for S1, and I don't know if we can keep it, but I sure hope we try and I'm afraid something like this being common or generally accepted by the players would make it a lot harder.

Power levelling was rife in D2 but payment was obviously not money but the rarest of items or runes.

I think the best fun is in levelling, what joy would it be just to own a level 216 without having the blood, sweat and tears journey with it.

plenty of sites out there (mainly the D2 sites) that allso used to offer level 180 chars without skillpoints and attributes. all up to you to choose what to do with the guy/girl.

not sure if they still do it, since I dont think it ever catched on in sacred. But it used to exist, and it probably still does.

In Sacred1 I wouldn't mind leveling a toon for someone else for money. That is and I also think thats the reason why we don't have it in Sacred1 because he won't gain anything from it. Sacred doesn't have something like "ensdgame-content" so it's pointless to have a highlevel toon.

But since Sacred2 is going to be a looot bigger and because there wil lbe so miuch new stuff (I really expect it to be somewhat groundbreaking) I guess we might get that problem there. Till now a highlevel toon doesn't affect the world/other players at all. But we don't know about Sacred2.

I would never pay for a top level/gear char but depending on the time/pay ratio I might consider leveling a char for someone else.

However I don't believe that paying real cash for something you receive in a game is any good for that game's community. In the end you'll just have rich arogant Barstewards running around with high-level toons and top gears while having no game experience whatsoever since they didn't really work at all to raise that char. Then there's always the scaming part. There are enough people out there already who try to scam people for good items without money being involved. Once money becomes involved scaming becomes an everyday event and some people would go as far as hacking (usually in the form of phishing or trojans) other people's accounts.

So if you ask me lets just hope that paying others for levels doesn't become a trend in Sacred 2.

Some great commentary here, and in fact, I'm not surprised that people would be interested in levelling others for money. When you think about it, everyone values their time differently and it's hard to come to some sort of commonly held truths about why people would indulge in any hobby. I know that I play because I do love the fun of levelling the toons myself and I find a great deal of learning with actually making mistakes when doing my builds. Myself "buying" a pre-levelled toon wouldn't be that attractive to me.

Regarding the selling of gold, items and runes...well in Sacred there just isn't a market. I remember a few years ago, there were a few peeps from some of the smaller clans that were trying to maintain item lists on their sites offering things for "sale". At that time, the market for hard cash in Sacred had already been destroyed by the gift market economy which the ability to drop all our items in one place (start island) that everyone HAD to frequent destroyed.

See, that's the thing. Selling usually escalates in progression. If you can sell for hard cash, that'll come first. And when that fails, then you get peeps trying to put a "value" on their items by hoarding them and then advertising them to others in the hope of trying to amass online wealth for yourself. Once that trading for "better" fails, all you're left with is normal trading which Sacred currently employs. Trading just to make others happy and increase your overall Sacred gaming experience. The third variant of trading is a more of a holistic view of "trades" and is something that Sacred online has become famous for.

I want to reiterate that this happens, IMO, because Ascaron has made this kind of "gift exchange" easy.

There is the island which everyone has to frequent and...we're allowed to drop things easily...whereas in WOW and Guild Wars...you can't. As far as I can see it, hard cash not entering into online Sacred game play was just a reflection of easy utility. And yes it looks good, but when you can make friends and meet people SO easily by just dropping stuff and, in fact, betting to clear out your inventory AND...Ascaron allows it...the gift economy flourishes and the hard curreny market flops.

Regarding now whether peeps would buy pre-levelled characters offered to them for money or whether peeps would to go sites to buy pre-levelled characters to make their early level grinding easy and then just wield the godly powers of niobium level characters...well it's not my thing. But, I can see how peeps that have played MANY other online games just get tired of early level grinding and having to fend from low level and often unexciting monsters.

They just want to get to the good stuff, maybe get to play in high level attacks on huge creatures...and with the way that Sacred 2 is now panning out..it looks like there is going to be need for organized high players in smart parties to do either "missions" or monsters. Creatures that will need the planning of high levelled characters as required in GW and WOW.

It's the game that defines need. If Sacred 2 is actually has very hard monsters or missions to complete that absolutely require team effort...I can see a definite need for high level toons arising, and so a "need" in peeps selling these plat or niobium levelled characters if the market is asking for it. Students will of course be delighted by this kind of a need arising...and why wouldn't they. With limited real life financial resources and the opportunity to transform their money into real life bucks for movies, hamburgers and soda pop...

Why not?

:devil:

gogo