The *fallen angel* of Sacred Underworld

Hi :sob:

Last night around 1:00 AM something very strange (and horrible) thing happened. My well loved seraphim (who won the ladder contest) ran into something I cant call better than a bug. And sadly that bug was not an ordinary small eight legged critter but a force who were strong enough to end the existance of my belowed char.

I already contacted Carolyn about it and wrote a letter to Ford Fairlane (if I am not mistaken he helped Gogo with his problem) so allow me to post the letter here (where I have given all the details):

Greetings!

I am sorry to pester you with this problem of mine but I was told by Gogo that you helped him already with a problem alike mine.

If you find my request wrongly addressed please forgive me. (and please forgive my sometimes bad english too as I am not a native english speaker).

My problem is that one of my chars died last night under very strange circumstances. I already wrote to Carolyn about the matter so allow me to paste the details:

Quote:

A few miniutes before something strange happened to my seraphim - you know the one won the ladder contest.

I was peacefully exploring south of Khorad Nur when - I cant say it better - things quickened up very very fast.

I am playing Rotating Blade of Light and Light spells always on and I casted them just before the thing happened. There were some skellies and zombies around me - nothing serious, not even worth to cast some CL - when my screen froze for brief period. Then things accelerated very quickly Rbol and Light gone out I didnt had a chance to do anything but see my seraphim lying on the floor dead.

I heard some cases when reverting an account was possible so I am asking in this case what could be done.

Personally I like this seraphim very much and if there would be any chance to revive her I would be grateful. Given the mentioned circumstances her death is very far from normal. To be honest thoose zombies couldnt really pose a threat without that phenomen.

So I am kindly asking is there something to do?

IF a reverting my account is possible where should I ask it? (or maybe could you ask it for me?)

I have 3 accounts and some more char to play with so if nothing can be done I can live with it but this char is (was) really close to my heart and at the same time had a nice position on the ladder.

I would be very very grateful if you could look into the matter or at least give some directions where to turn.

Carolyn answered with this post:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.c...8&postcount=12

I would like to kindly ask you what I can do about the matter? Should I follow the procedure stated in that post? Isnt there an easier way?

Not that I wouldnt trust Ascaron giving all my account details - just I remember that most gaming companies stating that under no circumstances would they require all the account information to be given.

I am really sorry to bother you with all of this - but this char is one of my favourite (and one of my 216 char - and I would hate to loose her to a bug). Of course this is Hardcore and I wouldnt reqest her resurrection normally if not the given circumstances.

Please help me if you can and I will be very grateful.

Thanks in adance,

Csaszar

http://www.darkmatters.org

Dark matters are part of our lives. (and we make goblins go boom too)

Clan Roster

I am posting all this because of two reasons:

First I am deeply saddened and require your shoulders as a place where I can cry :)

Secondly I find very interesting how she died and I wanted to ask if any of you eber encountered with something like that (I mean the accelerated time).

With time acceleration I dont mean the casual "lag then for a short time things happen quickly" thing. The most interesting thing was that it seemd like a true acceleration of time. My seraphim was always riding RBOL and LIGHT on and just before this thing happened I casted them. I am using a caster slot to get the highest level of them with a very good regen time and both duration Spells were 120 sec duration. My Robol is around level 400 and lihjt is around 300 so I casted first RBOL then LIGHT. The strangest thing was that the phenomen happened RIGHT after I finished casting LIGHT. So I rided forward into a group of lowly skelies and zombies (south to Khorad Nur) - into a group of enemies not posing real threat to any seraphim when the game slowed down for a short time then then accelerated till she was down on the ground in a pool of blood. I mentioned the duration spells because their 120 sec duration is an important thing: nowhere near that time passed since the casting but both of the spells weared off!

So in short: things started to happen very quickly BUT its was not a simple graphical acceleration but the INGAME time was accelerated as well. After approx. 30 sec both spells weared off so I didnt had a damage shield around me to use my 70% leech and I didnt have the opportunity to even reach for the space to drink a potion

No matter how dreadful the thing was I am really curious about what happened so say I am both amazed and piffed off at the same time :)

I didnt gave up all the hopes yet maybe with some help from the gods of Ancaria (hehe I am referring mostly the officials at Ascaron) might bring back her from the land of the dead if they choose to answer my prayers.

Until that happens I really need your shoulders. :resp::):cry:

Csaszar

Edited by Csaszar

Oh No this is very bad news indeed! I know this seraphim of yours and she could kick the ass of anything and everything so it can only be a bug that a skelli got her :):) have a shoulder my friend! I hope that you will be able to get your account reset thought tbh I am not quite sure how it works. Here our fingers are crossed for you. Keep us updated with how things progress Csaszar :resp:

It would indeed be good to know how this happened what caused this and even better to know that and get a reset for her!

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that... I hope Ascaron will resurrect your wonderbabe Csaszar ! :)

Sorry I never encountered any time distortion as you, maybe Hiro Nakamura could help you though

hro_102_21.jpg

I love this show :resp:

Oh, man Csaszar! This is some very bad news you are bringing. So you can have not one but two shoulders two cry. :P

Nilih that is a my favorite show too at the moment but with hiros wired ways working time shifting power I doubt he could help.

Oh no Csaszar. That is really really bad! I can just imagine how terrible you must have felt when your champion fell to the ground. That is a really bad bug Csaszar and much too great a loss to be overlooked. :P I've got my fingers crossed for you that Ascaron will come through and return your Seraphim to her rightful state among the living. In the meantime have a shoulder. Have two. :)

As for your curiosity about this bug I've never had an exact experience to yours but rather just a piece of it. I have trouble with my buffs a lot since UW. What happens to me a lot is that my buffs, like Flameskin, Warcry and so on, will stop much before the time they should. In fact there are times when my buffs will turn off 5 seconds after I cast them. What is even worse is that buffs that turn off prematurely can't be recast and sometimes I have to wait 5 minutes or even longer before I can put the buff on me again. I've had HUGE issues with buffs and I think the problem mostly happens when using more than one buff at the same time and when there is lag. Sometimes causing the game to load a new scene by going in a cave or portal will cause me to lose a buff and the list goes on...

I can't imagine how terrible a feeling it must be to suffer the loss of a beloved level 216 to such a bug. It can be nothing short of the absolute worst feeling in Ancaria. We're all with you Csaszar. :)

This sounds way familiar. Vampie had a similar thing happen on her big vamp the one she just lost running the pirate cave with curtis. And you have my condolences on your loss Csas. I know how it feels too loose a high level toon.

Very sad to hear about your seraphim, Csas, lets hope there is a speedy recall of her :P

@Schot, I have the same trouble as you but I see it in a different way, if I cast Greed especially and move into a different screen the sparklies show invisible but it is still cast, that is why you cant recast, it has happened with mentor glow and warcry as well. They are all still on just invisible.

First off, condolences Csaszar - it's bad enough to lose one, but sooooooo much worse when it's due to a bug like that.

Secondly, let me put anyone's mind at ease who may share Csaszar's reasonable concern about mailing off such personal and private account details. This is a legitimate procedure and we do it for your protection. We at Ascaron take the privacy of your MP accounts seriously - so seriously in fact that very few Ascaron employee's have access to those accounts.

The only people who have access to the Service e-mail account are the ones entrusted with the MP account access - any service inquiries or issues that need to be handled by other staffmembers (such as forum problems that are handled by me) are done by forwarding the e-mail to the appropriate staffmember - not giving the staffmembers access to the service account.

The details you're required to give are necessary to prove that you are indeed the true owner of the account in question - otherwise anyone could request a reset, password change or even account name change to either be a nusiance to someone else or even hijack their account.

Last but not least, you're required to submit the requests via e-mail (so best to not use forum PM's, as it actually delays the process) from the address you have associated with the MP account. That provides one more piece of security verification, as you may know someone else's e-mail address but it's at least a little harder to access it.

Oh, man Csaszar! This is some very bad news you are bringing. So you can have not one but two shoulders two cry. :hugs:

Nilih that is a my favorite show too at the moment but with hiros wired ways working time shifting power I doubt he could help.

Sure !

He may bring Csas' seraphim back, but level 1 :P

Csaszar, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss! You're one of the main stay niobium players and your support of the game and it's services is one of the reasons why the game remains great.

I remember when mine got transformed into a softcore, I felt utterly broken. My shoulder's here for you to take comfort from as well as the other great peeps her from D.a.r.k. And Carolyn, that's a wonderful post you did regarding this loss. It was Carolyn who got me through my bereavement which resulted in the rebirth of my toon.

Csaszar, I hope your next one is just as precious.

:4rofl:

gogo

Well, first after reading this I'd say that the service we acquire here on the net is Superb, you guys have a plus in my notebook for the year.

I also must say I hate it for you Csazzar to lose your charater, which actually achieved something, in such a way but as I hear/read this I think it'll all be fine.

Alwasy remember this, Everything will always be alright. You may not believe it but it's my life's motto. So regarding your seraphim, no worries, people have your backs, have given you their shoulders, seeing the post# you're not alone in your grief.

(I got carried away, lol)

Last I'd like toa dd I had those time warps rather frequantly but never had died from it, except for overspawning using lag, once. But It wasn't all too serious in my memories.

Cheerio's and lollipops,

Sylph