My level 157 Dryad bitten and leeched to death in Niobium

I'm so so sorry guys. :)

Started today at level 155 and was making record time with five peeps on server mostly all day long.

The moment happened... a mirror of a few days ago when Schot was watching me play and a Demon Champ in the fortress knocked out closed to all my hp with leech. This had me running Golden Glade Touch full time after that when running demons...

Dang Sacred always finds a way... the dryad met probably the same guy again today...but this time after all the dryads hp got leeched, I was just able to make her get away slowly and then tried to f8

Got to the island, with no body, no dryad

I'm crying, going out for a lot of beers...

Anyone got any ideas on another attempt for a 165 trader?

Hugs if you got em

:)

gogo

Hmmm, well no sence in crying over spilt milk (or Dryad guts). Unwind Brother Gogo, have a few on me, give a toast to our little Dryad. Then let's get back to work. How about writin up a little lessons learned. At what level did you have a bit of trouble and what kind. What can we do or how to better build to make her more durable. You get my point right? No worries, we'll get her going

I'm so so sorry guys. :)

Started today at level 155 and was making record time with five peeps on server mostly all day long.

The moment happened... a mirror of a few days ago when Schot was watching me play and a Demon Champ in the fortress knocked out closed to all my hp with leech. This had me running Golden Glade Touch full time after that when running demons...

Dang Sacred always finds a way... the dryad met probably the same guy again today...but this time after all the dryads hp got leeched, I was just able to make her get away slowly and then tried to f8

Got to the island, with no body, no dryad

I'm crying, going out for a lot of beers...

Anyone got any ideas on another attempt for a 165 trader?

Hugs if you got em

gogo

I'm speechless..... I know you feel worse than I do, but dang that stinks!.

Keep your chin up, have a few beers on me! We'll start another one soon.

This is sad news to hear about the loss of this Dryad, but this experience will only make us stronger and build an even better trader.

Max

Too bad! I feel for you buddy. After all that hard work you put into her Gogo to see her floppin on the ground like that must be hard. But, now you just have to get some revenge with version two when you feel up to it!

This is soooooo sad gogo. Man I've heard your near death cries from across the hall a number of times but sadly the one I heard was distinctly different. My heart sunk when I heard you desperately pound the space bar as if you were right there with her trying to resuscitate her. What a terrible loss. You put so much work into her gogo. :bounce:

Very interesting to see wear she was suffering though. I don't think gogo believes me still but no word of a lie... During a previous near death that killed the mount it was a 1 hit kill. I just happened to be looking at gogo's health while a Demon Champ shot a bolt of LL% at him. In one single animation his health went aaaaall the way down. Very strange because I've been there with my Niob 140 HE and 152 Shadow Warrior many times and never lost more than 1/3 my health from LL% bolts. I have a feeling that the Dryad's naturally very low Willpower might be to blame...

Take a break gogo. You need it!

P.s.

While gogo looked away I deleted the poor dead Dryad and replaced it with a new one. Furian or loco; if you get a chance could you camp it into Niob? I think it's time to divulge the experience boosting "secret weapon".

Heya,

Sorry for the dryad, gogo. :bounce:

I'll help the new if I can.

taking the account a bit

Edited by Woody

The new dryad is in niob, level 51, 201 mentors potions and some health potions,

hunter Combat Art's activated,

shrunken head with deathblow and 2 blowpipes with 2 slots + deathblow.

+ full dehteya level 60

Have fun. :(

--

I readed again your post, Schot :

In one single animation his health went aaaaall the way down. Very strange because I've been there with my Niob 140 HE and 152 Shadow Warrior many times and never lost more than 1/3 my health from LL% bolts. I have a feeling that the Dryad's naturally very low Willpower might be to blame...

Daemon-champs are bugged, they can weak you + leech 50% of your life (%) + do damage equal to 50% of your life... so, weaken-50%-50% : -100% one-hit. :bounce: (maybe numbers are not correct, but at least, it's something like this...)

It happened to slevin's HE, you can see here : http://forum.sacred-game.com/attachment.ph...mp;d=1259940797

Or, here, you can see : http://forum.sacred-game.com/attachment.ph...mp;d=1259942584

Player's life - weaken : 64.699 / Leech : 30.110 + magic damage : 31.594 ... :)

Edited by Woody
The new dryad is in niob, level 51, 201 mentors potions and some health potions,

hunter Combat Art's activated,

shrunken head with deathblow and 2 blowpipes with 2 slots + deathblow.

+ full dehteya level 60

Have fun. :)

--

I readed again your post, Schot :

In one single animation his health went aaaaall the way down. Very strange because I've been there with my Niob 140 HE and 152 Shadow Warrior many times and never lost more than 1/3 my health from LL% bolts. I have a feeling that the Dryad's naturally very low Willpower might be to blame...

Daemon-champs are bugged, they can weak you + leech 50% of your life (%) + do damage equal to 50% of your life... so, weaken-50%-50% : -100% one-hit. :(

It happened to slevin's HE, you can see here : http://forum.sacred-game.com/attachment.ph...mp;d=1259940797

Or, here, you can see : http://forum.sacred-game.com/attachment.ph...mp;d=1259942584

Player's life - weaken : 64.699 / Leech : 30.110 + magic damage : 31.594 ... :(

Ahha!

Bug!

You know...I gotta say...I felt like I was being forced to eat humble pie ever since the last daemon did the one hit drain on me...I mean the numbers for the build were good...it just didn't seem okay that one creature in the game could do SO much damage...and not even a boss o_O

Well... as this was a most humbling experience... the frustration of brinking on level 158 and missing the 165 mark is starting to dissipate.

All of you, my friends, great comfort, thank you.

I guess Furian's build is built to boot? Can it get this trader to 165? If we get this toon "born" at highest level possible, maybe this next attempt can make it?

Go level 165'er go go go!

gogo

p.s.What does slevin do in reaction to the bug...does he take toons there at all...or is there a work around? experience in that area is very VERy good...surely there must be a way Woody ?

p.s.What does slevin do in reaction to the bug...does he take toons there at all...or is there a work around? experience in that area is very VERy good...surely there must be a way Woody ?

If I well remember, his char was not dead after a reconnection to closed-net servers.. Miss Elle Driver is now level 200... :(

Now I don't know if he always go here, I never talked about that with him.

It seems impossible to stop this, because it's unfortunatelly a bug, and sometime it'll happen, sometimes not. :)

Wow, Slevin is lucky!

I'm fascinaed and horrified by what happened. I know Schot is know running a myriad of tests against those daemons in that area to see if we can really identify what they are throwing at us and if there is a way for us to get around this...would be a shame if we had to stop going through that area at niobium...but perhaps there is a way ?

gogo

I've seen this in the fan patch thread :

(v0054) Dämonenmagier: One-Hit-Problem in der Einöde behoben.

Daemon Mage : onehit problem in wastelands fixed (well translation?)

Ah gogo, so sorry to hear about your loss :)

Have had my share of close calls with those demons myself, couple of my Shadow Warrior's was almot 1-hitted there and I have decided to never go there again.

Keep your chin up, and come back even stronger!

Ahhh, so then there has been move away from this area for players. I would guess so...there is just so much risk...and so quickly. And if it's something out of our hands, it would be unfair as well.

Okay, feeling better...and chin is holding up a little higher

gogo

Sad to hear this :)

You can do nothing against life leech damage except trying to not be hit. My daughters use close teaming with their Kungfu's. Whenever a daemon mage champ is spotted they do overlapping dustdevils with Combat Art-blocking. Effect seems to stack. I don't know if the silver mod on acute mind reduces weakening, but since they don't need intelligence they took the non-intelligence modifiers. Golden Glade gives willpower. Alchemy gives 100% heal potions. Relicts to counter the non Life leech damage.

But sadly at Combat Art-Block there can still be Murphy.

So this Demon Champ is casting Black Curse? And then hitting with a life leech? Or both at the same time?

Wow. Niob is a very tough place to play!

Does this then mean that beside the turtle island, this is also a place to not play? Or not play unless you have high Magic Resistance coupled with combat art blocking? Seems to me that stopping incoming spells is imperative for Niob characters. The multipliers for hits are much much higher there.

Oh no gogo thats terrible. Sorry to hear that. :)

p.s.What does slevin do in reaction to the bug...does he take toons there at all...or is there a work around?

Well at first I did this picture in single player with my exported toon, because I knew of this demons and just wanted to find out how much damage they can do.

The percentage of life leech they do is much more higher than the eyes in the cursed forest. This percentage depends on the difficulty and also on the enemy level. The LL of the demons can raise up to 66% (niob, lvl214).

My workaround is to avoid this area with toons that have no energy shield. For Temple Guardian or seraphim its no problem with a good shield. If I have to pass this region in campaign, I let another person do this part. In lower dificulties it is not that fatal and you can go there with any character.

Well, we just finished testing...schot is here as I write this... his testing with these daemon champs says...

The damage being manifested by leech is twice as much as what the display (floating numbers) shows on screen. This means that there is a bug...but it is happening because the leech being produced is double what the floating numbers says.

With many tests now in Lan... we didn't see attributes drop, hence during these test there was no evidence of Weaken... though this is not to say that instances of being weakened could not happen.

Also, there is a very VERY large DOT that is produced on us right after the Leech hits.

It is very large... possibly largest dot in game.

So the run through so far is...

Daemon casts leech... the bug doubles the leech that the daemon is manifesting... which

Schot thinks runs at about 40 to close to 50 % as normal which bugs at close to 100 % ... after the doubled leech damage hits us (which we don't see because floating damage only shows half from the leech) the Dot then hits your toon...basically this is the finishing touch of this daemon's very powerful perhaps unique Combat Art. It has a leech that is combined with a monstrous aprez-leech dot that, if you don't have a buff that is throwing up tons of hp regen... will kill you off if you don't suck down a pot in time or use a health spell after you've had most of your hp robbed by the initial leech blast.

So

Daemon Champs are pretty nasty creatures.

Maybe we should take a movie of all this happening and send it to Deep Silver so they do a hot fix?

:P

gogo

Also, there is a very VERY large DOT that is produced on us right after the Leech hits.

It is very large... possibly largest dot in game.

The attack they do which makes the life leech also does damage and damage over time.

So LL + dmg + dot = onehit.

Maybe we should take a movie of all this happening and send it to Deep Silver so they do a hot fix?

They won't change anything in Sacred 2 anymore. :P

Only safe way around these beasties if you MUST(like doing the campaign) go through this region is to not let the enemies spawn when entering/leaving dungeons, can be quite dangerous if you suddenly stops up and let them all spawn with you in the middle.

Sorry to hear about the dryad, those demons are absurd now. I just went through there in gold with my dryad and even there they were still getting me down to less than 50% hp in a single hit. I wonder if they meant to make them something like 5.0% LL and the coder messed up the decimal place and made them 10 times that instead?

Heya,

srry for the loss m8! Tis exacly these things that made me go seraphim and Temple Guardian for my high level traders.... The Deamons attack is no match for their shields.... IF they are 100% absorbing. If you do go Dryad again... start avoiding the area around 140-150.

Maybe I'll jump in on the rebuild, but again, I would advise to build and energy shield toon..... Area of Effect Temple Guardian lvls fast enough to rival the Dryad.... the only disadvantage being that they cannot drive their bargaining as high as others.

Greetz