Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Grand Prix has always been a big deal here in Montreal. When I used to work downtown, it was fun being a part of the party, but now, as I'm a little more outlying, thinking of going into the city and the madding crowds...

:twitch:

gogo

I must say, that the grand prix/car racing in general never does it for me. We have one down in my part of australia, but to me its just watching cars drive laps...:s I admit, that if you went to it the atmosphere would make it a hell of a lot more exciting, but it doesn't come across as a spectator sport where your cheering can inspire teams and so on.

Some fair points made.

It used to be a lot more exciting in the past (70's/80's)

There used to be some really great personalities and some amazing crashes and overtaking etc. They have made it too safe now, at the risk of sounding a little sick ! + they have introduced way too many rules. All they have done is alienate a lot of fans, imho.

One last thing, it has become a spectator sport of the rich. Have you seen the entry prices, especially for the final day, geez !

Steve.

Edited by cider_steve

Well...home from my first exam, only 3 left...by saturday week I'll be free! But for now its time til relax until back to the grindstone tomorrow...Drinks on me!

:drunkards:

Good luck with the rest of those exams, and if yer offering free drinks.................. :pitcher: *HIC*

but it doesn't come across as a spectator sport where your cheering can inspire teams and so on.

Think rock concert. The sound is unlike anything most of us have heard before. loud, trembling, almost frighteningly loud and humbling.

lol...course that's only if you have seats for the rich and famous... more further back where most of the fans are, you do get the sound though.

One last thing, it has become a spectator sport of the rich. Have you seen the entry prices, especially for the final day, geez !

Steve.

It is. Kind of a like a watering hole for them on their planetary jaunts for their life style circuits.

Well...home from my first exam, only 3 left...by saturday week I'll be free! But for now its time til relax until back to the grindstone tomorrow...Drinks on me!

:drunkards:

Yay DB, hold tight and party a wee bit, then reign it all in for the last exams. You doing well?

:)

gogo

NO beer fr me sir, lol. Just got back from a great weekend with a ton of my family on the West Island. Me and almost every one of my cousins all joined up and holed up at a one of my aunt and uncles' place this weekend, for movies, loads of curry and laughing. Forgotten what one of these kinds of things can be, feel so glowy sated, but still, its good to be back home with y'all.

Hope everyone's kept well, workin on the tans!

:gogo:

gogo

ah, no burn for me here though... ever :P And, eeeeeeeee... first day back at work after a glorious weekend.

Everything seems just a little lackluster after this weekend...plus, they've recalled us back from Home working, and we're all back at the office now.

Traveling to work...

nooooooooooooooooooo

:oooo:

gogo

But then Im free! Only 4 days!

woo hoo

Got plans yet on where the egress takes you?

I'm just happily munching away on these bags of curried goods my family sent back with me, b l o a t

:gogo:

gogo

Gonna see harry potter 7 part 2 :) Go out a time or two with mates, just relax in general!

A great reward! I have not seen a SINGLE trailer for that film yet, and in fact, when I went to see Green Lantern this weekend, I hummed loudly while enduring the bats of my seated neighbors with my eyes closed so as not to spoil my anticipated viewing!

gogo

Gonna see harry potter 7 part 2 :) Go out a time or two with mates, just relax in general!

A great reward! I have not seen a SINGLE trailer for that film yet, and in fact, when I went to see Green Lantern this weekend, I hummed loudly while enduring the bats of my seated neighbors with my eyes closed so as not to spoil my anticipated viewing!

gogo

I've seen one trailer and theres this scene where Im like...Holy Hannah!...that doesnt happen in the book...

I wasn't flying any sort of sailplane ever since my best friend died from cancer last autumn (my signature). We shared the cockpits of double-seater sailplanes since we were 16. I got a letter to do some flying hours else I would loose my licenses. So whole family spend the weekend at the Wasserkuppe, highest mountain in our state and the birthplace of modern sailplanes reaching pack to 1911.

Did 4 flights with my wife and the 3 oldest daughters in a ASK21 double-seater trainer, wingspan 17metres. Teaching some sideslips to my oldest, since she is learning for the sailplane license. She wants to study arboristic and using sailplanes to control forests is a cheap way.

Then I had to do some refresh lessons myself for motorized sailplanes. I was lucky that a friend took me with his high performance 26metres wingspan sailplane. The Gleitzahl (glide ratio) of the beast is around amazing 1:60, so flying 60 miles at loosing one mile in height. But with thermic winds and uphill winds you can stay airborn for a day. But all I had to do were 5 hours.

I wasn't flying any sort of sailplane ever since my best friend died from cancer last autumn (my signature). We shared the cockpits of double-seater sailplanes since we were 16. I got a letter to do some flying hours else I would loose my licenses. So whole family spend the weekend at the Wasserkuppe, highest mountain in our state and the birthplace of modern sailplanes reaching pack to 1911.

Did 4 flights with my wife and the 3 oldest daughters in a ASK21 double-seater trainer, wingspan 17metres. Teaching some sideslips to my oldest, since she is learning for the sailplane license. She wants to study arboristic and using sailplanes to control forests is a cheap way.

Then I had to do some refresh lessons myself for motorized sailplanes. I was lucky that a friend took me with his high performance 26metres wingspan sailplane. The Gleitzahl (glide ratio) of the beast is around amazing 1:60, so flying 60 miles at loosing one mile in height. But with thermic winds and uphill winds you can stay airborn for a day. But all I had to do were 5 hours.

Sounds like a lot of fun...........even though I'm not sure what a sailplane is !?

Very sorry to hear about your friend passing away.

Steve.

In german it is Segelflugzeug which translates direct into sailplane. Sailplane, glider, ... have different meaning if you do it as a sport.

Glider = sailplane

motorized high performance sailplane

Schleicher_ASH_30_Mi_20110407_130336.JPG

The propeller and engine are folddable and move into a container behingd the cockpit if not needed

25_e_001.jpg

In german it is Segelflugzeug which translates direct into sailplane. Sailplane, glider, ... have different meaning if you do it as a sport.

Glider = sailplane

motorized high performance sailplane

Schleicher_ASH_30_Mi_20110407_130336.JPG

The propeller and engine are folddable and move into a container behingd the cockpit if not needed

25_e_001.jpg

Ah yes, I've seen them in action. Amazing.

Must be a mixture of feelings :- scarey, breath-taking, and then there is being able to see for miles at all the views.

What a blast that must be.

Enjoy.

Steve.

My mother and oldest sister were born in a small hospital close to this castle at the 10000 people city of Braunfels.

Braunfels_Schloss.jpg

There is an airport for sailplanes nearby and it used to be nice to do circles around the castle. As in this video, castle area is around 1 minute from start. My diseased friend and me did around 10 starts there each year.

Great video Chattius, what a buzz that must be. With the cockpit being so much glass the views must be amazing. Close to being a bird ?

Lovely castle too. I love visiting old castles/buildings...............but I've never done it by air before, lol !

Cheers,

Steve. :)

Could murder a strong coffee this morning. Late night playing Sacred UW and I'm running late............should already be on my parents garden !

Save me a doughnut please.

Steve. :Just_Cuz_12: