Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Funki Darlin, welcome back!

:hugs:

Ah, ha, yes, the site's different huh ^^ lol, you know, reading this post from you had me going up some of the old posts form Key Largo from the old days... there's a topic there where some of us where celebrating having just 8 people here on the forum at once! :4rofl:

Is your cooking still treating you good?

:chef:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Funky.............and everyone else ! :bye:

I've been busy with work, but have fitted in a bit of gaming. I'm currently playing Might & Magic VI. I managed to buy an original big box version (from around 1998) on Ebay. I was worried about it working on my Vista O/S but tried the same trick as I did for getting the original Diablo to work a short while ago. I just changed the directory ( I think that's the term) to "C:\games\Might and Magic VI" and it works just fine. One of my all time fav's is back in action, YAY ! :woot:

Take care,

Steve. :)

Great seing you back Steve, and sporting the classic rpg as well. I played some of the versions of that game, the first one is supposed to have been one of the games that launched computer rpg gaming.

I was looking At the spell list from the first game just a few nights ago actually on a lark...wow!

:)

gogo

Hey there folk.

I'm going to walk into the town center where we have a really good greengrocer. They get in these yummy mini bananas which I just lurve, and I have never seen them anywhere else. Sure hope they have not sold out ! I eat them as a snack and they are also lovely chopped up on top of porridge.

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend ?

Take care and have a nice weekend.

Steve. :)

My weekend has been spent trying to save my lawn and get it in halfway decent shape before the winter sets in. That and did a lot of tree limb pruning. Got a few trees that are getting too big and getting too close to house. In fact you can see where a couple have brushed back and forth on the shingles from Irene. Also Mom decided to buy a new truck and camper and didn't quite know how to fit the 2 together - so that took a bit of my time.

Glad to see her get a camper again...even if it's the style that goes in the bed of her truck. She used to have a big one but way too much maintenance and also she's not comfortable driving them. She used to go to the beach a lot and also take trips up north a bit in the fall. Should be able to do that this year in time for the autumn leaves.

• 1 month later...

My weekend has been spent trying to save my lawn and get it in halfway decent shape before the winter sets in. That and did a lot of tree limb pruning. Got a few trees that are getting too big and getting too close to house. In fact you can see where a couple have brushed back and forth on the shingles from Irene. Also Mom decided to buy a new truck and camper and didn't quite know how to fit the 2 together - so that took a bit of my time.

Glad to see her get a camper again...even if it's the style that goes in the bed of her truck. She used to have a big one but way too much maintenance and also she's not comfortable driving them. She used to go to the beach a lot and also take trips up north a bit in the fall. Should be able to do that this year in time for the autumn leaves.

Hello mate.

I hope your back has healed up enough for you to do all that heavy duty work ? Lawns are surprising hardy things. Chuck all kinds of weather at them, and even when they look dead as a dodo, they always bounce back !

'gratz on the 5k, DB! *gulp* Thanks!

Hehe Epox... God's Flashlight (aka the Sun) shining a little too brightly for you this fine morning? ohwait, its 2am where you are... :twitch:

Breakfast cajolery! DB, Congrats on the posts, yeah they just seem to come on fast, I only looked at my count for the first time in a loooooooooong while... :o

Epox, what are you playing that's keeping you so up so late..or watching :devil:

Scott, this cup of coffee went awfully fast, any more left? I'm good for even dregs, lots of stuffs ta do's taday!

:gogo:

gogo

Heck, yeah, Gogo... dregs are there *points*

Baileys is behind teh bar, enjoy!

by the brighness of your sun-smiley, you may want to slow down on the Irish Creme, dude.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Bravo DB! Tennis, drinks anyone?

You must be awfully excited about having so much time to yourself, but I bet it'll get booked up awfully fast!

:lol:

gogo

Excited alright :) I am working the 3 days after my last exam which kinda sucks, but otherwise looking to relax!

Have fun DB!

The busy season is starting at my new job, already sundays and saturdays are busy, and sounds like it is gonna be busier the closer we get to christmas.

Delta!

Have fun DB!

The busy season is starting at my new job, already sundays and saturdays are busy, and sounds like it is gonna be busier the closer we get to christmas.

Delta!

Are you living close to the restaurant Theuns? I know for me distance is almost everything. I'll even take a pay cut if I can shave off precious travel seconds off that ticking travel clock

gogo

Yes, I noticed this at our oldest daughter. She lost nearly 4 hours a day because of bad bus and train connections. Her classmates did homework already and met in town while she was still on her way home. That was one of the reasons her grandpa and me modified an old BMW Isetta for a lightweight car license.

Sadly for her in germany car license is with 18, 17 if in company with an adult, 16 for lighgtweight cars. Somehow stupid, she is allowed to drive a 25ton harvester on public streets but not a normal car.

Well, a sign of the times, I suppose.

They announced this week that the hotel I work at will be closing in February, effectively putting myself and about 65 others out of work.

At least we were not the only victims of the "world economy" in my small town this week... the local lumbermill closed its hardwood flooring department... another 65-ish people that will be applying for the same 5 available jobs that everyone from here will be applying for. Oh, and all the seasonal factories start closing down about this time of year, as well, adding even more people to our (already large) unemployment pool.

I'd say it's about time to get outta Dodge, don'tcha think?

But I like it here, I think I'll stay and have a drink

:Just_Cuz_12: <-- no, that's not coffee I'm dunking myself into *hic*

Scott, I'm sorry to hear about this! Was it a local hotel run by the town, or a branch of a larger one? Are they going to be offering Unemployment?

Hard the *hic* !

Have a few, but keep some for the rest of us, that this economy's just pretty much not anything to be counted upon is the only thing I think any of us can predict with some certainty.

Best wishes on the job search friend

gogo

@Gogo edit: Actually, the hotel is managed by Delta Hotels, but is owned by Clublink (the golf co). So, national brand in the mid-high range price-wise. I haven't any details yet, but I will definitely be eligible for Unemployment Insurance... but I don't plan on using any of it, really.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. At least the saving grace is there is plenty of time to look around for another job. Working for a national brand also has advantages like transferring while keeping my "benefits" for being with the company for > 5 years. So I hope I can transfer, but it will not be 'local' and I believe at this point, a move (long-distance) is immenent as well.

So the stress is coming in from all angles of attack, and I am starting to show signs... my new wireless mouse became a jigsaw puzzle today :cha (18): Stopped to think about it after I did it... $30 mouse borked 'cause of a $15 game? Sat back, took a chillpill and then went ahead and beat that TQ game I picked up. I got super-lucky and he dropped the key to the secret area, too... and an hour later I had my first legendary so it was quite the down and up day. (not up and down, as it started crappy, and got better later ;)