Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Good for you Ash! If it's Sunny you get to hit a few balls out on the court? I went to bed so early, and now I get the early goodness of the sun. Coffee, maybe eggs and sausage today as treat, a bit of run on mountain and I think I'll (ugh) attack those item modifiers again.

:)

gogo

small drizzle here, so schot gets the day off from work cuz the tennis courts are wet. It's an all day feat of funness on fdm and Wiki!

with all the cleaning db, no need for gym

gogo

Running into work today, bought meat and fish rolls form the tamil store near our place. YUM smell! Usually I bring in donuts but today's a day of spice... who don't like surprises ^^

gogo

Thats what I always say...we do so much heavy lifting at work that theres no need to go do weights :)

Guess climbing towers beats a treadmill any day :)

(yeah I still 'sorta' climb even though I'm not supposed to - boss hired a guy that's afraid of heights )

I was pretending I was Batman the other day :)

Had to climb a pretty steep wooden shingle roof. Only way to stay upright and not slip (slipping would have been really bad as I was 30 feet up) was to throw a rope over the roof and secure on the other side. And then use the rope to hand-over-hand my way up. Knotted in a few hand holds for my belt, prayed a little and then let the rope support me while I put up 2 antennas ( about 80 lbs apiece)

Knuckles, are you climbing again today? I just got back from a great, inspiring jaunt up on the mountain here. I'm ready for bout most anything... even a short day at my work today!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(...)

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:bounce:

gogo

p.s. DB, and all ye bar peeps, have y'all some fabu days :cool:

Climbing on a roof:

Last year I learned at an outdoor museum specialized in housemaking styles how to do this:

It is called altdeutsche Deckung _ traditional german slate roof technic

rs-ulre5-6c.jpg

I fear to do the same at our house is to find a good place to attach savety ropes and finding 4-5 people who reach the slates. I have to do a roof repair at one of the roof openings/windows in summer (after the motherbats and their kids left the roof area).

Volunteers wanted: baking house bread and cakes, barrel beer (no tins or bottles), roasted suckling pig, ... My house repair parties are legends.

The museum transports old houses who would have to be destroyed because of new roads, trains, supermarkets to its place and tries to rebuild a small midage town with a village and farms with the transported houses. The aer always searching for volunteers helping in re-building the transported houses. I take this as a learning session how to repair my own house.

marktplatz-panorama.jpg

Volunteers wanted: baking house bread and cakes, barrel beer (no tins or bottles), roasted suckling pig, ... My house repair parties are legends.

The museum transports old houses who would have to be destroyed because of new roads, trains, supermarkets to its place and tries to rebuild a small midage town with a village and farms with the transported houses. The aer always searching for volunteers helping in re-building the transported houses. I take this as a learning session how to repair my own house.

marktplatz-panorama.jpg

Chattius if I win the lottery soon, I would gladly volunteer... to bring drink the beer :drinks: Who doesn't love a good house repair party?

I lived in a Toronto suburb for about 15 years, and one of these "museum subdivisions" was built very near to me. It was kinda odd... rustic houses, some even with older cars parked in the driveways... but the new pavement, the sound of the rush-hour traffic nearby and the Wal-Mart visible in the background really ruined any nostalgia the developers were trying to create.

I'm definitely there for the beer drinking guys and maybe pitch in a little with the building (don't trust me with a hammer :oooo:) Net's back on folks, it's party time!

:dance:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys ;) decided to stumble in and check whether you guys are still rockin' the webz.

Moved into an appartment with my lady, still out looking for a job, and boring my brains out in the meantime. That's pretty much everything since my last visit I guess ;) how's everyone doing out here?

Wheeeee Champagne all round. Nearly 3 weeks without PC ... knacked motherboard ... and just got it back ... wheeeee Great to see you all. Hi Gogo. Hi Sid. Hi Tim. Another bottle. Broke but happy.

I bet Sacred 2 will instal now ... gotta get working ... rocket flames

Wheeee :4rofl:

We be in da watah stillz :lol: Great seeing you back here! Timo, great news on you and the apartment... do we hear church bells soon?

:wub:

gogo

Heh no church bells ;) but we're still going strong that's for sure.

It's just good fun, feels like it's a permanent holiday.

Grats on getting your PC back BB! :)

Grats on getting your PC back BB! :)

Mixed blessing. At least it works much faster, but will take ages to reinstall the necessary bits and pieces, if I could only remember what they were ... er ... Directx and all that.

Sorry, I have been out of date with the comings and goings - never occurred to me that there was such a thing as DM without Tim. Cheers. Where are you these days? Was it Holland or is my old brain cracking up. Yes I see the Neths flag, now that this is posted.

Edited by Bondbug

Wheeeee Champagne all round. Nearly 3 weeks without PC ... knacked motherboard ... and just got it back ... wheeeee Great to see you all. Hi Gogo. Hi Sid. Hi Tim. Another bottle. Broke but happy.

Gratz on the working computer, hurry up and get 'er in gear, it's Guardians time! :viking:

Hello to all.

Sunday morning *yawn* need a good strong coffee to get going ! :Just_Cuz_12:

See ya,

Steve. :)

heh, I'm feeling kinda lazy today too...that bed is looking good again

:yawn:

gogo

Gratz on the working computer, hurry up and get 'er in gear, it's Guardians time! :viking:

Hello to all.

Sunday morning *yawn* need a good strong coffee to get going ! :Just_Cuz_12:

See ya,

heh, I'm feeling kinda lazy today too...that bed is looking good again

:yawn:

gogo

Hey there Gogo.

Are you into the Grandprix racing ? It's on your turf this weekend, so I wonder if you'll be watching, or even attending the race live ?

I still like to watch the racing from time to time, but feel that it lacks the personalities of the past.

^

|

|

Don't mind me Gogo, I'll just talk to myself ! :tongue:

I'm amazed that they managed to get a result at the Canadian Grand Prix. That rain was torrential and the visibility was next to zero ! Very dangerous driving conditions for the guys, especially at 200 mph ! :unsure: I guess that's why they earn the big bucks.

Steve.

I did catch the race on the telly this weekend, Steve. The bad weather makes for 'boring' racing, IMO.. either everyone is in a line, afraid to pass, or someone tries to pass, and there's an incident/yellow flag (&everyone is in a line...)

Lucky they completed, yes... and have you ever heard of having so many incidents "under review"?

I did catch the race on the telly this weekend, Steve. The bad weather makes for 'boring' racing, IMO.. either everyone is in a line, afraid to pass, or someone tries to pass, and there's an incident/yellow flag (&everyone is in a line...)

Lucky they completed, yes... and have you ever heard of having so many incidents "under review"?

Yes, the safety car was used a lot, which was a shame. Exciting finale though.

I love the Indy500 but can't see it here. I guess it must be on satalite or something.