Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Need a drink...

Our 12 year old asked for a padlock for school. I gave her a good one:

37-60.jpg

She said a cheap one would be enough. I searched in my garage:

Diamond-Brand-Combination-Padlocks.jpg

No she needs a metal one, with keys, and she would need the Dremel for engraving, .... But she refused to say why, so I thought it would be for a x-mas gift she was working on. When cleaning kitchen from evening meal with my wife and oldest we were talking about the schedule for the rest of the week -5 kids so planing is needed for the driving to different activities at sport, friends, ... - I was informed that our second would visit Cologne with school today. I asked why she would need a padlock today if they won't be at school lockers. My oldest said: Chris de Burgh, Footsteps2 album, Cologne, Padlocks, Hohenzollerbrücke, ....

Internet was not working (Rain storm, so antenna for radio link was swinging) so I did a search while lunch break at work:

At 48 seconds, 1.24 minutes, ... Now I understand why she wanted a lock with keys. Still think a knife and a tree would have been easier ... as in good old times ... seems the good old times are now even a bit more away then yesterday.

And in good old times it was Karat doing the song, and in german, ... even Chris sings really good. But I know I have the good old Karat album in a box in my barn still.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello one and all.

I'll take a nice cold beer, barman..............and chuck me over the bowl o' nuts, my good man. :pitcher:

*Hmmmm, now what have they got on this here dukebox machine*

Steve. :dance2:

Double up that beer, and toss in a shot of the J and D's!

:oooo:

k, was kidding bout that last part. it's the last day of my holidays today, got this Monday off, so have to make it last. Course, having a long weekend, makes the week short, so it's kinda a two for one...but after this week, it'll be forever till next holiday series!

:cry:

gogo

Working in the forest today, overlooking tree cutting. Oldest is with me, she will start to study arboristic in octobre. Good practice before all this theoretical stuff at university she will meet.

Drink of today, not working with explosives so I am allowed:

Selfmade wine from apple and Speierling, heated and spiced with cinnamon, Cloves, Anise and filed away pieces from citron and orange peel.

Warms up real good, do I have to say that wood cutting here is on frozen ground? We cut away only chosen trees, not whole part of a forest. If the ground is frozen the least damage to soil on a hillside is done.

Working in the forest today, overlooking tree cutting. Oldest is with me, she will start to study arboristic in octobre. Good practice before all this theoretical stuff at university she will meet.

Drink of today, not working with explosives so I am allowed:

Selfmade wine from apple and Speierling, heated and spiced with cinnamon, Cloves, Anise and filed away pieces from citron and orange peel.

Warms up real good, do I have to say that wood cutting here is on frozen ground? We cut away only chosen trees, not whole part of a forest. If the ground is frozen the least damage to soil on a hillside is done.

yay, a day with no explosive! :D Heated wine, just about one of my most favorite seasonal indulgences.

A nice recipe you have Chattius, do you use regular wine then add ingredients, or are you making the wine entirely yourself?

:)

gogo

Apple/Speierling wine I don't do myself because of the big amounts. if you bring at least a ton of your own fruits a local fruit wine maker cleans his machines for 3 hours so you get wine or juice from your own fruits, no chemicals, special apple sorts... You have good control what you get.

The wine maker sells spiced apple or fruit wine ready to be heated in bottles. But spicing I do on my own.

Most people prefer red wine, but in our area it is apple wine for spiced and heated.

We have storm warnings, beaufort 11 here. So Unimog close to house, chainsaws sharpened, storm boards before windows. Hope it is not needed, but if you have to drive through forest to reach your house there is allways the risc of a fallen trees. We are probably below the snowfall height, so proably it will be heavy rain and storm. So down in village there could be risc of river flooding tomorrow.

Since most of our companies workers are in firefighterd too, company already phoned that if there would be no call, work will start hours later, if it will be workfree.

I'm going out for breakfast, so early in da morning! :chef: Found a cool place near me that I just saw two weeks ago, looks old, and classic, plus breakfast is 1.99!

I'll report back

gogo

plus breakfast is 1.99!

It's not McDonalds is it?

Not at that price ;)

Hrm... its been a few hours, and I was a little suspicious at the description he gave: old, classic, and $1.99 breakfast... sounds like a heart attack special :chef:. We'd better get Schot to phone the emergency rooms to see about recent admissions with chest pains :4rofl:

I wonder if McDonalds sells Apfeltaschen (apple bags) at your place too, and if yes how, they are called. A bag made fom thin dough, filled with apples. cinnamon, cloves and then fried.

apfeltasche.jpg

The taste is a bit like Apfelstrudel (apple whirlpool), an austrian speciality. The difference is that the Strudel-dough is rolled around mix of cut apples and spices and looks like a whirlpool if cut.

Omas_Apfelstrudel_aus_Prag.jpg

Some bakeries here sell fresh Strudel and it is the one I would choose. Mainly because it has a better apple to fat ratio and I can buy it as a whole (4 Strudels) and I am back home with motorbike on a saturday before rest of family is awake. McDonald is just too expensive for a family of 8 (and farer away).

For a sunday and wife or a daughter helping we do some more local traditionals. Dough around a whole apple, which has its core removed and is filled:

2731.jpg

I think it takes the weekends of a year to go through all the apple/dough combinations.

Edit: Forgot the sweet-heart special for our marriage day.

apfel-mohn-herzen.jpg

They call it "Apple Pie" here in North America. As shameful to the real thing as you can imagine ;)

The best 'rumour' I heard about it was they were made from cut potatoes and applesauce filling just to make it taste like apple.

The best 'rumour' I heard about it was they were made from cut potatoes and applesauce filling just to make it taste like apple.

lol, ew Scott!

Chattius, those apple pies as we have 'em here are so hot when they are served, always warnings on 'em. They feel so processed and strange though, very fast foody (yes, even for me) and I don't go for 'em often.

I promised you guys a report back from the 1.99 breakfast and here it is... service was super slow, this place is one of the ancient wonders of Montreal World, BUT..yes, folks it serves a 1.99 breakfast WITH COFFEE and..

potatoes

sausages

eggs (from a chicken too^^)

your choice of toast (buttered) NO jame, and...

yes coffee! Careful here,with the 1.99 special, you pay for your refill.

And here's the money shot

gogo

blancheneiges.jpg

The best sandwich ever, well as long as you are a 10 year old boy who is always too late in waking up for school

negerkussbr.jpg

The famous 5 seconds breadroll, all you need:

a bread roll

a Negerkuss, Schokokuss, Mohrenkopf, or in english something like Chocolate coated marshmallow treats

And here the detailed do it yourself in pictures:

rezept-wer-kennt-es-nicht-das-gute-alte-negerkuss-broetchen-bild-nr-2.jpg

rezept-wer-kennt-es-nicht-das-gute-alte-negerkuss-broetchen-bild-nr-3.jpg

rezept-wer-kennt-es-nicht-das-gute-alte-negerkuss-broetchen.jpg

When I was 10 the village bakery was between our house and the stop for the school bus. If the bakers wife saw me running she came out the door with a cut bread roll and a Schokokuss in a bag. 2 Groschen the breakfeast, 1 Groschen was 10 Pfenninge, so 0,2 old german mark, or in new currency 10 euro cent, ... these were the days

Gogo: Well, I'd say if not hurry, the wait's worth the price, I guess..? One would be lucky to get a coffee around here with that price..

chattius: You can say that again... Those kisses are awfully expensive around here nowadays, if one doesn't spot them on sale or something...

Coffee and almond cuisants all round !

I watched the Dodgeball movie the other night. Funny as anything ! Ben Stiller is such a funny comedian. Love the way he's happy to send himself up. A lot of Film stars are far to up themselves to do that, imho. I am very much not a romcom fan, but Along came Polly is another funny film.

Steve. :)

I watched the Dodgeball movie the other night. Funny as anything ! Ben Stiller is such a funny comedian. Love the way he's happy to send himself up. A lot of Film stars are far to up themselves to do that, imho. I am very much not a romcom fan, but Along came Polly is another funny film.

Haha! Dodgeball was a good movie, light hearted, funny :)

I watched a Ben stiller movie on the weekend too, Tower Heist. I thought it was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T45lOhwTZ_g

One of the best songs 2011 and the film music of

220px-Kokow%C3%A4%C3%A4h.jpg

Watched Kokowääh with my kids. German movie with Till Schweiger as a daddy who finds his not known 8 year old daughter at his house door. Nice family movie (3 million visitors in the german speaking countries) and the film music is among the best I heard for a long time.

german trailer with english subs

I watched a Ben stiller movie on the weekend too, Tower Heist. I thought it was pretty good.

Tower Heist ? That's a new one on me. I'll see if it's on dvd. What year was it made please ?

Steve.

Tower Heist ? That's a new one on me. I'll see if it's on dvd. What year was it made please ?

Steve.

It's actually only just come out at the cinemas (in Australia at least), so you might have to wait a bit for that dvd.

Steve.

It's actually only just come out at the cinemas (in Australia at least), so you might have to wait a bit for that dvd.

Aha, many thanks for info.

I'm so out of touch with the cinema, it's embarrassing !

Ben's hysterical, pretty much love him in everything he does, he ranks up there for me with Will Ferrell these day.

I'm rushing in and out of forum this morning, forgive me everyone if I can't do the morning fun with y'all on all the posts which gives me my day's energy, but finished late at work last night, and we have training (more... when will it stop!) early morning session today, so I'm off running. Will be home early tonight though, and get to read all the great stuff posted... I see creme brulee here!

:chef:

gogo

We don't mind you poping in & out Gogo..............this time ! Mwahaha ! :devil:

There are some funny North American comedy actors out there. One I personally am not so keen on though is Adam Sandler. Sorry, but I don't like the way that in a couple of his movies he uses a lot of bad language in front of children. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I would like kids to be preotected from that kind of language.