My wedding pictures

It was a church wedding and the color motiffs were canary yellow and emerald green. The beach resort was were I took my parents and siblings after the wedding.

Ooh, really nice pictures Jun and congratulations on your wedding, I'm sure you probably feel like the happiest man alive right now. ;)

Also I'll second what Ike said, the green and yellow dresses of the bridemaids look really nice.

Same goes for the bride's dress and the guys' shirts. Are those shirts something traditional there?

Jun, the pics are fantastic! I love the great colors...so different from the classic routine I see so often here of dark sombre colors. Bright and fresh...just my style! I'm curious now, is the food traditional or classic? In Sri Lanka when a marriage happens it's usually something that goes on for days, lol party, revelry, party, revelry...and it's usually family and friends that help out with the food. Was it the same way in your case or did you guys have it catered?

My congratulations and best wishes to you!

:D

gogo

Oh Cykes! Great pics and can't wait to see the great time you had in the other pics to come! You both look so great and happy.

Congratulations to you both and best wishes on a most amazing life together. :D

@ Indy : yes the guys' dress is our traditional dress called barong. It is usually made from the fibers of pineapple and jusi plants.

@gogo : the motiff was chosen by my wife and regarding the food it was more or less international in nature. We had traditional food like lechon or roasted pig and chopsuey but we also had chicken cordon bleu, beef stroganoff, russsian salad, etc. The food was catered by the hotel were we had the reception.

@ Sylph : if you can come here I will gladly be your tour guide :P

I had an uncle who used to live there and he would always bring us back those kinds of shirts...and those wooden snakes on joints that would wind and unwind.

Your wedding sounds like it was beautiful Jun.

Best of wishes to you and your lucky wife.

:D

gogo

Cyclops where exactly is "here" ? :lol: since the highest mountain in the Netherlands is about.. less than 50 meters? (yes in the NL that is called a mountain :D)

Sylph

Cyclops where exactly is "here" ? :bow: since the highest mountain in the Netherlands is about.. less than 50 meters? (yes in the NL that is called a mountain :D)

Sylph

"here" is in the Philippines. :rolleyes: The mountain were we took the photo was 2360 feet or about 719 meters.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow is all I gotta say, weddings are cool and I remember mine like it was yesterday. I've been hitched for 3 years next month. I only got married cos we could use this very cool car (don't tell the wife. :drunkards:

06171048200020.jpg