A Noble End

The original Kami. The spirit of us all was driven to extreme by your zest for the game.

I especially feel a great debt of gratitude for all the personal mentoring and help you have given over the last weeks. Acorn is much the better for your tutelage. I thank you, and post this memorial.

Kami Schot, you will be missed. Thanks for everything.

aNobleEnd.jpg

Hi :P

This is your sharder right :(

Freeze the waters of Styx and escape quickly to reborn and start a new life in Ancaria.

Gads, no!! I could restart my new Dark Elf just because of this unexpected death. Or play along with a different character. Anything at all that you need, I am ready to assist Schot! My WE Trader toon can hook you up with nice starter BM items. And as always, I should have plenty of mentor pots to spare.

good god

I don't think Schot's every lost a toon before

:)

gogo

This is true? Schot has played for years and never lost a toon? I knew he was good, but that is incredible.

I'm really bummed now. That Orc shaman will never ever survive a game I am in again.

Awh thanx guys and in particular to gial for making the arrangements, lol. I'm sorry I wasn't able to post earlier to I was very very busy... Crying a river! :P *Squeezes buckets of tears out of pillow* Oh the terrible tragedy! What a terrible loss I felt I must honestly say. But you know... It wasn't the fact that he was level 140. It wasn't that my lil BM had made all sorts of wonderful memories with your heroes. It wasn't even the fact that I had lost a very successful, possibly most, BM. You know what it was? Allllll those uniques! Poof! Gone! lol. I am telling you with not so much as an ounce of exaggeration. He was stuffed FULL of uniques. Piles and piles of oh so wonderfully glittering goodness. Uniques enough for all and mostly I might add... Unique rings! Oh even the most greediest of greedy lil dwarves would have turned green at the sight. I had stopped picking up things for quite some time being that I had maybe 2 squares of space remaining in my chest and backpack combined. Oh what a terrible loss. Ah well. Easy come, easy go only to easy come again right? :)

It's true I'm not accustomed to losing characters. In the time I've played I may have lost 2 or 3 characters but none of them plat or niob. Granted the higher the character the more there is to lose. But I will say it's been a great learning experience. My lil sharder BM now dead had no great intentions. He was designed to be a simple mule/rune farmer but for some odd reason he grew to much much greater heights. I did maintain my intent to read runes minimally and in whole I believe he had read 4 or 5 runes. 1 rune for each of the CA's I intended to use. Amazingly and without very much effort at the time of death my BM had read only 1 Ice Shards rune yet with equipment he was tossing around level 145 Ice Shards. I had also found a way to reach 52% critical strike without using a single socket and was even running decent MF at about 500-600% much from the aid of 3 daemonfears.

Little mule/rune farmer... You were so much more than I ever hoped for. May you rest now only to rise again another day. :D

I thought it would be nice to educate others on my BM's death so I made a sort of re-enactment using an almost identical BM only 2 lvls higher:

As you can see that Orc Shaman packs quite a punch. A legend from the olden days when all Orc Shamans were as powerful and very much feared by the heroic players of Ancaria. The damage in the video above is a tad more than 2000 per meteor and about 11 meteors in a single cast which equals... A very big OWCH!

I completely underestimated this orc shamans power and for a brief moment I thought I would just take the hit. I changed my mind and stepped out of the way when the meteors had just begun to appear at the top of the screen. They missed me. Or so it appeared on my screen but moments later and without any damage numbers flying off me my health jumped down to 3/4, then to 1/2 then... Nothing. My BM jerked as though speared through the stomach and slowly flopped backward. Naturally there would be those butterflies indicating a close call and I squinted my eyes to look for them but it was hopeless. He was gone. Forever. :)

My dead BM hung around and chatted a while with the living on the server in the futile hope that the server would come to its senses and fully revive my little BM. Well we all know how sensible the servers are eh. Haha. Finally, the server brought my BM to his very end. After chiding me with a 60 second warning and knowing full well, I can't move! It did what it does best. It disconnected me. Into oblivion I might add. Heartless server! lol.

Well now that I've danced around the truth plenty, here's what went wrong... I was over confident. There. I said it, lol. gial and I had just finished an exceptionally good run in the VoT and after the VoT everything feels like childes play. Normally I have two very important protections in place for my BM. His horse that gives him an additional 14,000 health and his stoneskin. Neither of those were active when the shaman killed me. I was having such an easy time in that lava area we were in that I foolishly left myself wide open for a surprise hit.

So there you have it folks. If you've developed a particular strategy for your lil Ancarian hero then be exceptionally weary when it is not active. And NEVER underestimate your enemy. You can never be 100% sure any one kind of foe will act the very same way every time you encounter them.

Big time hugs to y'all! Thanx! :D