Time To Play! Sacred 2 Hardcore EU Servers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Do you guys play in open net EU server?

I'm new to this game and the forum, and I wanted to know if anyone wants to start a new character with me, for multiplayer. And what should I do to connect to someone server. Thanks.

Generally speaking, I think most people play Closed Net Ice and Blood. There seemed to be a lot of firewall issues with Open Net and most people just gave up.

Based on my observations, I think most of the people still playing are in Europe (based on when they are active).

Do you guys play in open net EU server?

I'm new to this game and the forum, and I wanted to know if anyone wants to start a new character with me, for multiplayer. And what should I do to connect to someone server. Thanks.

Generally speaking, I think most people play Closed Net Ice and Blood. There seemed to be a lot of firewall issues with Open Net and most people just gave up.

Based on my observations, I think most of the people still playing are in Europe (based on when they are active).

I kinda Noticed that ;/

Buta, is there a way I can find out players that wants to start new characters? (some sort of specific website, or somewhere where I assiduous players usually recrutes new groups)

Is there some sort of specific forum somewhere, or even some sub-forum here at darkmatters that I could find players more easily?

I have said many times that Sacred 2 MP is dead. That might be a slight exaggeration, but not by much.

Darkmatters is easily the most active English Sacred site and this thread would be the correct and best place to hook up for online play. The sad truth is that you are years late to the Sacred party.

I have said many times that Sacred 2 MP is dead. That might be a slight exaggeration, but not by much.

Darkmatters is easily the most active English Sacred site and this thread would be the correct and best place to hook up for online play. The sad truth is that you are years late to the Sacred party.

Yeah ._. Some years. But I still hope to find out players to play with. Maybe a morbid hope, but I just have it.

Everything happens at their times, isn't it? ;/

Well, I think I'll have to wait for Sacred 3... So sad ._.

Hi Poa, yeah what Lujate is true, it's late in the season for this game, thought there are occasional forrays of players going in every now and then. I guess you'd have to stick to it, and keep posting your online times, and maybe catch people that way.

I know when I was on servers three weeks ago, there were indeed players, so it's still possible. One of the clan members here, Woody, just made a post a few weeks ago regarding his list of drops. You'd have to keep an eye on the servers and hope you can start something up.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Yeah ._. Some years. But I still hope to find out players to play with. Maybe a morbid hope, but I just have it.

I can say that I feel your pain. I have only been really playing since the spring, so I too missed the golden age. I like to think we will have a good seat when S3 is released.

I still play Closed even though I am virtually always playing alone. I was surprised tonight to see another player on the servers. 30 levels below me and in a locked server, so I could not even say hello.

Hi Poa, yeah what Lujate is true, it's late in the season for this game, thought there are occasional forrays of players going in every now and then. I guess you'd have to stick to it, and keep posting your online times, and maybe catch people that way.

I know when I was on servers three weeks ago, there were indeed players, so it's still possible. One of the clan members here, Woody, just made a post a few weeks ago regarding his list of drops. You'd have to keep an eye on the servers and hope you can start something up.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Yeah, I got really disappointed of only knowing the game in the late end of 2010. Should I keep posting my online times in this section of the forum, in my own thread or here? And thank you for welcoming me (: Sorry 'bout any possible spelling mistake, I'm far far from EU, so it's nice to be welcomed in foreign lands (:

I can say that I feel your pain. I have only been really playing since the spring, so I too missed the golden age. I like to think we will have a good seat when S3 is released.

I still play Closed even though I am virtually always playing alone. I was surprised tonight to see another player on the servers. 30 levels below me and in a locked server, so I could not even say hello.

And hey hey lujate, would you like to start a new character to play with me? (:

And other doubt, how do you guys get organized? I mean, do you guys create a chat room somewhere, or a group in steam or something alike? Or everything is set up here?(like server name, passwords, the time )

"Steam" sounds vaguely familiar and, IIRC, that version only had base Fallen Angel, not the Ice and Blood expansion. What version do you have?

Whenever I get into the Lobby, I always check the English language servers for anyone I know. 99 times out of 100, those servers are all empty. During daytime hours for me, the German language servers normally have some activity, but I cannot speak German.

I have been keeping an eye on the Hardcore server posts, and I do have some lower level characters along with starter equipment and more mentor potions than I know what to do with. I've been mostly working on my SP Dragon Mage Magic Staff build which reached level 50 yesterday.

"Steam" sounds vaguely familiar and, IIRC, that version only had base Fallen Angel, not the Ice and Blood expansion. What version do you have?

Whenever I get into the Lobby, I always check the English language servers for anyone I know. 99 times out of 100, those servers are all empty. During daytime hours for me, the German language servers normally have some activity, but I cannot speak German.

( what does IIRC stands for? Is it "If I recall correctly?)

Yeah, steam version of Sacred 2 only includes the base game, without the expansion, and thats the one I've got. I'm not able to play with guys that have the expansion?

How do I check out for english and german servers? ( I'm sorry I haven't got used to the interface yet)

I have been keeping an eye on the Hardcore server posts, and I do have some lower level characters along with starter equipment and more mentor potions than I know what to do with. I've been mostly working on my SP Dragon Mage Magic Staff build which reached level 50 yesterday.

Would you like to play with me? (;

Without the Ice and Blood expansion, you will not be able to play with anyone running the expansion, which includes me and most other users on this site.

In the Lobby, there are two letter prefixes that indicate the language (e.g. de, en, fr, it).

Poa Kli-Kluu you might be able to install Ice and Blood (YMMV)

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=67312&

But do NOT, NOT, NOT do it for online play. You will almost certainly be dissapointed.

My current Seraphim just unlocked Gold. I am not quite ready to take the plunge yet, so I am going back in to Silver to grind a little bit.

Poa Kli-Kluu you might be able to install Ice and Blood (YMMV)

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=67312&

But do NOT, NOT, NOT do it for online play. You will almost certainly be dissapointed.

My current Seraphim just unlocked Gold. I am not quite ready to take the plunge yet, so I am going back in to Silver to grind a little bit.

What does YMMV stands for?

And why should I not install Ice and Blood for online play?

YMMV=Your mileage may vary. Installing the Ice and Blood expansion over the Steam version is not officially supported. Some people have reported getting it to work, but it is not as easy as running the install and, in the end, it may not work for you.

I have been playing regularly since summer term ended the beginning of August. In that time, I think I played by myself every time but one. What I am trying to say is, if you buy the Ice and Blood expansion and manage to get it to work for the sole goal of MP play, that goal will most assuredly fail. You will still be playing by yourself virtually all the time. I am not saying there is no reason to get Ice and Blood. I switched from ps3 in order to play Ice and Blood. I think it was worth it for the content.

Looks like Lujate beat me. :P

Crappy connection. But that's about what I've been reading too.

Any other combination than physical copy of Fallen Angel and Ice & Blood is bound to be shaky at best.

Edited by Stormwing

YMMV=Your mileage may vary. Installing the Ice and Blood expansion over the Steam version is not officially supported. Some people have reported getting it to work, but it is not as easy as running the install and, in the end, it may not work for you.

I have been playing regularly since summer term ended the beginning of August. In that time, I think I played by myself every time but one. What I am trying to say is, if you buy the Ice and Blood expansion and manage to get it to work for the sole goal of MP play, that goal will most assuredly fail. You will still be playing by yourself virtually all the time. I am not saying there is no reason to get Ice and Blood. I switched from ps3 in order to play Ice and Blood. I think it was worth it for the content.

Oh man, that definetively disappoints me, for damn good. A game Diablo-like that doesnt work for multiplayer? Holy Hannah!? In the end, we have:

1. Players who bought the game through steam and are having hundreads of troubles to play multiplayer, unreachable server, expansion non-compatible, impossible to play online if the user don't have more knowledge to make it work AND patience to serch for it.

2. Players who bought the game in retail box and ALSO are having issues on multiplayer connection since the american servers are down.

3.EVERYBODY suffering for multiplayer connection because there's hundreads of Open Net issues.

4.And if you haven't been affected by any of these problems listed above, and you use windows 7, well, now I've got a problem. The game doesnt work on windows 7, plus hundreads of lags and crashes. C'mon, a game from 2008 that have been released for PS3 doesnt work in windows 7? And the developers never did anything to fix it?

5.EVEN if you want the game just to play offline( because you don't wanna get more piffed off) and want the expansion, well, accept that: Even after your purchase, the expansion may or may NOT work for you.

Just wanted to balance if the game worth or not our money. Just, theses things said, why should I wait for ANYTHING from a developer like this? I'm just too disappointed. I just hope god save the game and make a Sacred 3 that worth our money.

If I buy the expansion, and manage it to work following the guide you provided, I'll never be able to play the game online?

I mean, the only way to have less problems as possible is to find the retail version of the game AND the expansion, or play it in PS3( in this case, without expansion)?

If I should NOT install the expansion because it would make the multiplayer unplayable, and if I dont install it no one will play with me because everybody have the expansion, So, in the end, I should give up on trying to play Sacred 2 online?

Or... Is there a place on earth where I can order the retail UK version of both Sacred 2 and Ice and Blood? And if there is, does this place ships to South America? Just tell me so, please D:

Edited by Poa Kli-Kluu

Hmm... Seeing my fave Play.com is a letdown in this matter, you should check This link.

Costs around 40$ but is the most guaranteed way to get everything work. With the latest patches it's playable on Win 7.

Though there's still some memory leaks every now and then. Though not everyone seems to suffer from them.

And I'm quite sure there would've been official patches if Ascaron didn't go belly under... Which is really shame. Hope that helps.

Noticed the linky wasn't quite what I intended to put up...

*fixed*

Edited by Stormwing

For what it's worth, I've seen people playing Fallen Angel on the non-American servers. You could still get quite a bit of mileage out of just Fallen Angel, although Ice & Blood does add some really nice stuff(fast travel, the Imp carrier and the Dragon Mage character to name three things).

P.S. - The original developers of Sacred 2 went bankrupt and Deep Silver bought the rights to the Sacred franchise.

Edited by DaveO