Sacred 2 HC Graveyard

Well It happened. My level 108 Staff Hunter Dryad "Wickedness" took a few boulders to the chest and got spattered. Was running campaign and doing quests without cashing in (saving the quest rewards for boosting other toons) on Niobium and was doing the 25 troll hearts in Entruag. For some silly reason I thought of doing this up on Troll hill just west of Blade fields. I guess I allowed too many trolls to see me at once. And they all decided to pick up boulders at the same time. Oh well., earlier tonight I had already started boosting a new Staff Dryad up. Will chose her skills in a differant order this time. Use differant gear... not a full set of detheya's, run something like I have on my Voodoo Nature dryads. A mix of Eternal Flame, Meho's, and leaves and twigs. I'd rather have a bit more defence and htps regen.

And this Wahini's death isn't that big a deal..... I just wish the new Staff Chica was ready. But I'm short on levels, skills, and armor that I have saved up. That's the frustrating part.

Edited by Furian67
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no Furian... why didn't you move?

They had me surrounded, some little trickster Orc must have tied my bootstraps together.

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Furian I'm so sorry. Man, you must have been immensely saddened to see something so exciting shot out.

Dinna worry, your faith remains

Come back stronger!

:P

gogo

So our Dryad shoppers are all incredibly fast levelers but lack the tank armor to make it in HC. lets think on that a bit and pool our ideas for defense on the dryad.

Gogo's 157, then my 52 and now your 108. hmm.....

Well, the 157 was going to make it, soooooo close... but the bugged daemon's attack was too much.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

It wasn't hard at all levling her, and we made it to within 8 levels, if I had to run her again, at around level 140 I would not level on daemons. I could run that build again no sweat,and maybe this time start it from a higher level with just quests...but before going there, was just wanting to know if furian wanted to give it a go with this new build?

I haven't tried it yet actually maybe I'll boot one up after work today

:P

gogo

Roger Roger I'll give her a go. I'll make her a bit more robust like my Voodoo/Hunter is. Get the defence down early and work the bargaining after that is all set.

I'm still alive (level 75, gold). :) Right at Nimonuil's face I'm standing now but I don't dare to attack him, you guys really scared me with this sad news.

What shield should I use against him?

- Glacial Defender (some all channel mitigation)

- Eternal Block (evade chance)

- Stalworth's Protection (decent armor of all elements)

- other ideas?

Cast Dust Devil, Acute mind, Golden Glade. Then open a can of Woop ^&& with Ravaged Impact and a throwing star with LL%. Everytime your Golden Glade is available recast it! oh oh oh and don't forget you have a God Button. If you see a little swirly thing above your head hit the G button. With LL% star it shouldn't take long for you to waste this dude. And review the Rules to Live by!

Edited by Furian67

When playing our Kungfu Dryads we had long discussions which shield to use. We had no weapons so all weaponslots had just shields of different sorts:

Main danger melee:

A yellow with 2 sockets and block chance melee scalable with shield lore. More than 80% block chance in niob if shield lore is mastered.

Main danger ranged:

Same but block chance ranged.

Melee and Ranged enemies:

A shield with base defense scalable with shield lore. It will later have 1000+ base defense. Together with speed lore, shield lore and barkskin it gets really high defense numbers.

Unknown enemies:

Stalworth for high resists

Shield most often used: One with 6/9 physical; fire, ice and magic each 1/9 armour; scalable block chance (melee); fixed 13% block chance (Combat Art); 2 silver sockets

Don't undervalue rare shields. Playing Kungfu's taught me 2 things: How to optimize melee damage and how useful a yellow shield can be.

Hmm, perhaps we should add a shield guide into the guide section, or at least start a thread about shields and shield lore. Melee elves, staff-lore dryads, weaponless dryads and shadow warriors, caster characters, ... all they take a shield and should have shield lore.+

Edited by chattius
When playing our Kungfu Dryads we had long discussions which shield to use. We had no weapons so all weaponslots had just shields of different sorts:

Main danger melee:

A yellow with 2 sockets and block chance melee scalable with shield lore. More than 80% block chance in niob if shield lore is mastered.

Main danger ranged:

Same but block chance ranged.

Melee and Ranged enemies:

A shield with base defense scalable with shield lore. It will later have 1000+ base defense. Together with speed lore, shield lore and barkskin it gets really high defense numbers.

Unknown enemies:

Stalworth for high resists

Shield most often used: One with 6/9 physical; fire, ice and magic each 1/9 armour; scalable block chance (melee); fixed 13% block chance (Combat Art); 2 silver sockets

Don't undervalue rare shields. Playing Kungfu's taught me 2 things: How to optimize melee damage and how useful a yellow shield can be.

Hmm, perhaps we should add a shield guide into the guide section, or at least start a thread about shields and shield lore. Melee elves, staff-lore dryads, weaponless dryads and shadow warriors, caster characters, ... all they take a shield and should have shield lore.+

That sounds like a great discussion and guide Chattius. and defense against spells from a shield? is that possible as well?

That sounds like a great discussion and guide Chattius. and defense against spells from a shield? is that possible as well?

IIRC (and I am pretty sure), I have seen shields with Block Chance:(all) X%, so I am assuming that incluces Combat Arts.

I am less sure that I've seen chance to reflect:Combat Art on some shields as well. But something tells me that mod will appear on shields (I used shield with my old Exalted seraphim, but haven't shopped for them lately)

Edited by essjayehm

I'm still alive (level 75, gold). :) Right at Nimonuil's face I'm standing now but I don't dare to attack him, you guys really scared me with this sad news.

What shield should I use against him?

- Glacial Defender (some all channel mitigation)

- Eternal Block (evade chance)

- Stalworth's Protection (decent armor of all elements)

- other ideas?

I was looking at this FAQ:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/933200/57254

Do a find on BOSS: Nimonuil in that document. It says you want to use melee to engage him as he is using the reverse polarity buff and can reflect ranged and spells. I know I've died and almost died to him in the past when using a shuriken so that looks to be the case. The next time I face him I'm planning on just using my staff and hope the LL from the dyetha's set will be enough.

One thing you can do is export your char and try it that way first to make sure your strategy works before taking him on in closed net. That's what I plan to as I'm close to fighting him again in my platinum campaign.

LOL, seems I've oversecured myself, it was far easier than I excpected. :) Nimo' and the Nameless Gees was hardly even scratching me. I think the continuous Goldenglade Touch has helped a lot.

Thanks for the tips.

LOL, seems I've oversecured myself, it was far easier than I excpected. :) Nimo' and the Nameless Gees was hardly even scratching me. I think the continuous Goldenglade Touch has helped a lot.

Thanks for the tips.

Good deal. Just curious, what weapon did you end up using on the grand inquisitor? He seems to be the one moreso than the guardians that gives me trouble, him and the demon champs of course.

Thanks for the tips.

Beware as you get to Plat and Niob there chance to get you goes way up.

Good deal. Just curious, what weapon did you end up using on the grand inquisitor? He seems to be the one moreso than the guardians that gives me trouble, him and the demon champs of course.

I've bought a two socket staff (haven't found throwing star with %LL :)), forged deathblow rings into it (had about 67% D.B in my gear at the expense of less damage) and killed him with Ravaged Impact within 15-20 secs or less, it was surprisingly fast. The Guardians took somewhat longer but I was feeling myself out of harms way during the whole fight, my healthbar didn't dropped under ~90%, just whacked them to death. I was using the 'Call of the Forest' set (fair amount of "opponent's chance to evade -%" bonus), Stalworth's shield, had a total of ~17k armor.

Beware as you get to Plat and Niob there chance to get you goes way up.

I'm not in a hurry anymore I just wanted to get to Platinum by the time I reach bargaining mastery. I'm not going to attack bosses in the next 40-50 levels, just safe grinding. :)

Edited by tapir

:)

R.I.P. Evening Falls V...

Once again, these nasty champions temple guardians in the machine, and the second gardian, 2 Fire DoT's without any protection or Golden Glade Touch activated. :)

This time I'll need a break of some days... ^^

Damn those pesky Temple Guardian's, so it seems that our team based runs have come to an end :)

Never. :)

I'll just wait a bit before playing again, but, we'll continue bossruns for sure. :)

Sorry to hear Woody.....yesterday I had a loss too....my level 103 inquisitor died during early cursed forest quest....

I'm feeling really sad right now....the loss was yesterday night and it hurts a lot....second character I lose around 100-110 in a couple of months.

Time for thinking now.....

a new build will be up and running within a couple of days....I need a better Sacred 2 mood :)

and if someone offers for a camp run the mood-meter will be certainly growing up fast :)

I can help out with some level boost for both of you, could run the campaign up to platinum so my level 172 Shadow Warrior can do it for better XP rewards :)