Kamikaze Sunday - Generation 2!

heya Furry, and welcome to Darkmatters!

As Schot has posted two posts above yours, we're not really doing a formal Kamikaze anymore because of the Expansion. Though as soon as a good number of us have it, we'll be running events again.

There are always a good number of us on servers usually most days, just look for the [D.a.r.k] tags, and you'll find friendlies.

Cheers!

:D

gogo

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, my bad, I didn't check the post date

seems I'll have 2 weeks to prepare myself ^^

Also I'd like some explanations if possible, I don't quite grasp the concept of kamikaze sundays except that you do a big gathering and try to do challenging things

but actually it's still quite obscure and I haven't checked yet the whole topics

Can I get more info on this?

Like what do you do usually? Is there other rules than those in the stickied topic?

Also, I played sacred 2 solo for a year and tried to play with my friends but had no luck (no one was interested :s)

Now I feel like finding my own sacred 2 friends on internet since it's an excellent hack n slash and I don't want it to go to waste :D

So yeah, I'm gonna try to find some D.a.r.k on the lobby and try playing with you guys ^^

But I'm still pretty nooby cause I never quite gone past bronze since I never felt like playing much with the same character (though I still finished the main quest at least)

Playing alone is kinda boring... I hope I'll enjoy sacred 2 more with you now :)

Edited by FurryRage

Great to have you on board FurryRage, check out the Wiki for better understanding of what certain skills and combat arts do, and of course you find tons of other great info there about everything that's related to Sacred 2.

And on this site alot of excellent build guides to get you started on a char.

Welcome :D

I already checked the wiki several times since I got the game, it's actually quite usefull and a lot of effort have been put on it

I was impressed the first time I saw it

Also, I may not be on the forums much but I was checking this one and the official as a guest since the release of sacred 2 (got to the wiki and to this one from the official)

And I already read a few guides for chars, most of the ones here are also posted on the official board

But I don't really want to follow one of them, it's more like checking what some characters can do (and some builds are pretty amazing), but I prefer to build my own ^^

I'm not really trying to get uber characters, I just like to play this game casually even though I'm more of a hardcore gamer usually :viking:

Though it probably has to do with the fact that I always played sacred 2 alone and it's not really fun like this

Thus, I never really got far with a build (usually I stop using a character around level 30/35)

I prefer playing various types and try again from scrap each time since it renew my interest in the game each time

But I hope playing with you guys will help me go further

Edited by FurryRage

There's no need to follow the build as it is written, just change out some things that doesn't suit you and go for the recommended choices that suits you playstyle.

it's not really the same in my opinion

I can make a build and end up nearly the same as some posted on the forum, but I prefer to do it myself, just following the feeling I got for each char

creating a character yourself from scrap and making one according to a guide you're following (even if it's more or less) is not the same

even more since most of the builds are here to make powerfull characters while I only intend to make characters with personnality ^^ (or some just for fun)

my characters most of the time have many weaknesses and die a lot, but I don't care much (at least when the penality is not huge, it would still pain me to lose a level 150 hardcore character for exemple, if I had one of course xD)

anyway it's funnier "roleplaying" a character and making him learn and wear what suits him/her personnality the best, not necessarily what is the more profitable

following somebody else build kind of strip the personnality I'd like to give to my characters :s

But if I play with others, I'll try to die less anyway, I know how it can get annoying when someone keep on dying in the direst situation :yay: (like a healer when you face a boss and run out of potions :viking:)

last Idea I got with the extension is making a Green Giant Shadow Warrior

geant-vert.jpg

Hulk is fine too, but less fun to roleplay :P

"eat your vegetables daily" vs "ugh uk urgh"

I made my choice

(and honestly they look exactly the same :P)

Edited by FurryRage

I also think it's better to wear matching armor, though I understand how it's dangerous on hardcore

but I never played hardcore :yay: (that's kinda why I'm interested in kamikaze sundays :viking:)

otherwise, yup, that's pretty much how I wanted him, impressive lucalain ^^

but with the extension, I intended to make him look like this (but wearing the set of armor you showed us)

that + your set of armor = kickass green giant

greengiantz.jpg

Edited by FurryRage

I figured the Kami would move on to the expansion. I'm sorry to say that unless I hear really good news about the expansion, I won't be buying it. I think my brother is a bit miffed on how little playing time I got out of Sacred 2 online. I did want my participation on Sacred 2 to be like it was on the first one, but wiping out my characters on two of the three sessions made catching up quite impossible.

I've mainly branched into video game recording on YouTube since I wanted to give something for others to watch/discuss/learn from. I'll likely be asking DA to remove my tag since I don't anticipate finding a game with a community as fun as Sacred 1 ever again. It's going to take a LOT of convincing to change my mind to decide to ever make an effort to do multiplayer games online any more.

Sacred 2, but it was in Sacred 1 aswell.

EDIT: this is for S1 since the last post before yours is may 2008, but it is categorized under Sacred 2.

Edited by Spunky

Who will be on the Extension Kamikaze this sunday?

I can't wait to try it :D

Though I'm a little scared of a mass dragon mage since he's new

I hope there will be a little plurality in the characters

I'll probably take a shadow warrior or a temple guardian, I wanna do a blacksmith char

Wooooooooo...I`m excited and psyched for the Extension Kami or whatever we call it. Maybe another week or a bit tops, and we`ll have the new bits for the game...

GO DRAGONMAGE

:)

gogo

Oh that Dragon Mage is gonna make the Kamikaze quite interesting. The addon Kamikaze is definitely on arrival. I uh, just haven't gotten the addon yet, lol. I'm kinda in the process of bringing the Clan Smither up. I'm kinda inclined to set a date for the 1st of November. A Sunday on the first of a month just sounds so right considering we'll be doing something quite new! And I can assure you we'll be... Argh. Nope, not gonna even say it. We'll see on the first, mwahaha...

Oh that Dragon Mage is gonna make the Kamikaze quite interesting.

/agree, I'm going to try and break my record of most attended Kamikaze sessions! :)

I'll roll Dragon Mage and try to keep up at least to level 100 :)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

• 1 month later...