Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

lol... p.s.s Steve, I'm sorry, I missed this thread for a while now,and there's all these parties goin on here :dance: I'll get a pic of our cat. She's old, but she's still got the Tude... Cat Style!

Hehe.

Here's a treat for ya :- Cool for cats

I borrowed it from Youtube. It was filmed from the brilliant but sadly deceased Kenny Everett's show. See if you can spot the legend Jools Holland when he was still in Squeeze. :cool:

Steve. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to collect my inner calm. DarkMatters sounded like a good place to go to, to relax.

I am waiting for an interview @ Roots Restaurant. On the South African top 10 they ranked 8th last year. Little bit nervous, but I think I came well prepared. I might even have to do a cook off later.

Trying to collect my inner calm. DarkMatters sounded like a good place to go to, to relax.

I am waiting for an interview @ Roots Restaurant. On the South African top 10 they ranked 8th last year. Little bit nervous, but I think I came well prepared. I might even have to do a cook off later.

wow, Theuns, this is so exciting! Cook off? Do they film you?

You have my best wishes friend!

:hugs:

gogo

Update: It wasn't what I thought it would be. It was a "working interview", meaning I was part of the Pastry team for the entire day. The sous chef came to fetch me at 6:30 and told me to bring my apron, skullcap, knives and other equipment. I thought, oh geesh, here comes my first cook off!

Well it didn't turn out that way, it was a "working interview", I was introduced to the pastry chef, and started working along with the rest of the kitchen staff. Made cucumber sorbet, Ganache, cut chocolate salami, and portioned 120 portions of delicious hazelnut and horlicks parfait for lunch, and then it was only 10:00. we started preparing lunch (a 6 course meal) for 98 people. It was an amazing learning experience, and even if I don't get the job, I am really eager to get back to work and rethink some of our current desserts.

The chef summoned me later and said he will give me a call later in the week to make further arrangements. ended up only finishing at 17:20. a bit tired now, think I'll go and sleep, it was a loooong day!

PS: no gogo, unfortunately they don't film cook offs if they are just for interviews.

Edited by Delta!

zomogd, I can't imagine that kind of stress. I"ve worked in cafes before so I "get" juice...and when it happens, it's often enough to make you want to run out of a place in abject terror while screaming out things.

Not that that's happened course

:whistle:

What's your "feel" on how it went? Your gut tell you anything, considering how trained it is regarding culinary magic ^^

And Theuns...how did you ever find out how to do all this stuff... from school in years?

:)

gogo

zomogd, I can't imagine that kind of stress. I"ve worked in cafes before so I "get" juice...and when it happens, it's often enough to make you want to run out of a place in abject terror while screaming out things.

Not that that's happened course

It actually wasn't bad, the same as some of the hotels were I did my practical training. you make fewer things during the day, BUT more portions, ex, if we made parfait at the restaurant, we wouldn't make more than 30, because it would last for a while, being a frozen dessert, say 7-10 days before it is sold out. Yesterday was 98 portions and it was considered a "quiet" Sunday.

What's your "feel" on how it went? Your gut tell you anything, considering how trained it is regarding culinary magic ^^

My gut tells me it went good, when we plated the desserts, pre-desserts, Friandise, I was wide awake and made sure if the pastry chef needed something, it was next to her before she had to ask for it.

I also took part in the culinary conversations, asked questions about the institution, standards, shifts, whom I'd be working along. I took Ice cream, frozen yoghurt and sorbet along that I made at home, they like that alot!

And Theuns...how did you ever find out how to do all this stuff... from school in years?

Some of the stuff I learned from Hotel School, but most of it was from the 4 institutions where I did my practical training and where I'm working now, and then I love my cookbooks, especially reference style cookbooks, like Larousse Gastronomique, On Cooking; a textbook of Culinary fundamentals, Professional Chef, etc

Although I will really miss my current colleagues if I move, I think it can open some doors for me, even on an international level.

Thank you for all the well wishes!

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I'm playing Two Worlds 2 atm. Very nice game.

I heard a funny on the radio the other day :-

Q " What's the most stupid animal in the jungle " ?

A " The octopus " ! LMAO. :4rofl:

See ya,

Hi all.

I'm playing Two Worlds 2 atm. Very nice game.

I heard a funny on the radio the other day :-

Q " What's the most stupid animal in the jungle " ?

A " The octopus " ! LMAO. :4rofl:

See ya,

Lol...:P

Random pic of star our cat

I hope you get to see this Cider

post-1-0-60909400-1303872918_thumb.jpg

Master of the Universe

gogo

Oooooooh, gorgeous little puddy cat. :heart:

Thanks for sharing Gogo.

Does she go off catching mice 'n' stuff ?

My cat used to demand attention. Every time I'd sit down with a paper/magazine, he'd sit on it as if to say " HEY, play with me, no time for reading " LOL !

See ya,

Our cat is the mix of a male wildcat (a real wild one) and a tame troll-cat. Troll cats are also named norwegian forest cats. Our cat has the strange habit to lay dead mouse and rats at the house door. But she eats every fish and squirrel she can catch. The local fishing club rended some of our old watering ponds (century ago used to for oak trunks, to straighten them) for breeding young charrs. She learned to lay on some tree roots and strikes with her paw at small fishes below.

Hunting squirrels she climbs the tree faster than the squirrel which looses time while running circles while climbing. Since we have only the nasty americans around house she is allowed to hunt them.

321px-Squirrel_1_db.jpg

The smaller european ones are quicker uptree and the cat won't get them. Nasty americans are the eastern gray squirrels which weren't native to europe. Together with these squirrels the squirrel pocks arrived, which are deadly for our smaller local red squirrels.

250px-Eichhörnchen_Düsseldorf_Hofgarten_edit.jpg

Save the legendary Ratatosk. Ratatosk is the messenger between the nameless eagle in the top of yggdrasil the world tree and the dragon living in its roots.

monkey_steak-ratatosk.jpg

Edited by chattius

Our cat is the mix of a male wildcat (a real wild one) and a tame troll-cat. Troll cats are also named norwegian forest cats. Our cat has the strange habit to lay dead mouse and rats at the house door. But she eats every fish and squirrel she can catch.

Full of vim and verve! Our cats getting on the old side, I was actually surprised to see that she still had it in her to bring out the old moustketeer claws and even bring back some goodies.

If you're cat's bored, maybe we can borrow her this summer ^^

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Work Done...Thursday...sun, wind, skys, no acid rain... im freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:oooo:

gogo

Friday...7am in the morning, getting ready to go to uni for a 4 hour lab followed by finishing an assignment to hand in an hour after that followed by more assignment work after that...im not freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Any odds on taking a quick five minute nap on top of your books and the knowledge osmosifying it's way into the corpus calloseum?

I on the other hand have just dashed in from a fabulous Thusrday night eat at our Favorite Cheapie Sushie Kashim Sushie. The taste just keeps tasting.

gogo

wow. You are already done? I'm just waking up for friday the 13 May 2011.

Hope everything goes well today!

I am not superstitious, because it is rumoured that being superstitious creates bad luck.... :scare2:

Just in case:

a8fb0230641fb304949c9434f22c726e.jpg

Edited by chattius

when I look at that number I just close one... now I just believe I'm looking at my own ranking... ...

number-1-sign.jpg

yay.... its fake but now its okay yay fakeness yay yay

gogo

Ugh... It's definitely a "Friday the 13th" for me... I think I need one of Chattius' gnomes. Or just stop being superstitous 8)

/end grumble