Kamikaze Sunday Niobium

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know what the level requirement is for the next session. Obviously I won't be returning as a Daemon. I have characters in the 20s-50s. I believe that my best chance to survive is to play my Dark Elf. He has the best buffs(Adrenaline esp for defense), most effective CAs, and quickest attack speed. I'm also debating changing my level 20 Wood Elf trader over to a Hardcore Blizzard Kamikaze build. I'm pretty sure the WE is the better choice, and I'd truly like to bring in some snow the next time I join in :D

Edited by DaveO

Awesome DaveO!!

I'm so sorry about her loss, but I'm very glad to hear about your return!

There were some ideas tossed around, so really not sure at the moment but If you need leveling or any stuff, Im more than happy to help!

If you go WE, let me know. I've a few items to spare - I can let you have a full ettol bow (min 70 to use it I think, as that's when I socketed the last ring). I'm sure I can get some blizzard stuff by next week, too.

Dark Elf is the only way I could realistically meet the next gaming session goal. The Wood Elf would have to start at level 1, and I KNOW there is no way to adequately get 70+ levels in one week. My DE is currently in the 30s, so I should be able to get decent leveling done before the next Sunday session.

Edited by DaveO

Oh DaveO. That's definitely the most frustrating way to go. :( The lag was huge in Tristram and now that I think about we did Tristram 2 weeks ago and it was badly lagged then too. I guess in terms of large groups Tristram is definitely not the best place to check out. Very sorry for your lost character DaveO. You've helped us out so many times DaveO so now it's your turn. I'll start mentor pot collecting for yah. :)

As for what the max level will be next week it will be 90.

Well it was defintely a bumpy Kamikaze but none the less I had fun playing with friends. :) Cheers all and lookin forward to the next one. :D

I was able to get my Dark Elf up to level 40. He's a bit weak in terms of Adrenaline defense, but I should be able to get him to level 50 and then start on making a Trade suit for him. I tried twice to get the Hell's Ridge waypoint, but the Bolting Terror mages were too troublesome. I'll get the WP eventually.

Ari, gial and myself put together a little care pack for you DaveO to help you get your character ready for the next Kamikaze. :D

Care Pack

As soon as I see you it's all yours. :whistle:

I'm thinking that since camaraderie is the main point for most of us, we might alter the Kamikaze to a monthly cycle - as in:

First Sunday of a month is level 1 Bronze

Second is level 20 Silver

Third is level 40 Silver

Fourth is level 60 Gold

Fifth (if there is one) :)

Then reset to level 1 the next month. This way, the only real serious problem is going out in week 3 (or 4 if there's a 5th Sunday that month). A level 1 or 20 death could easily be made up by the following week, especially with all the community help we have. What are everyone's toughts on this? I know that for me, the best weeks were the first at level1 and the most recent at 60.

Sounds good to me Gial! I do need to seriously get started on the Daemon again since Schot and the others were so nice in making a Care Package for me. I'll need to do a quick transfer and start again in the nursery.

h I'm crossing me fingers and hope that Ascaron can help me out with this.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Any word yet, gogo. of your toon reincarnating in HC? I had the same thing happen to me on the weekend, though because it was low level I didn't bother about trying to revive it via ascaron. It was definitely weird!

Once a month could be good Gial and not so tying for everyone I know every week is difficult for me with family n all. But I am happy to fit in where I can. My problem so far has been to have a toon who isn't either way to low or too high. I'd love to see the Kamikazee go to plat and niob too if everyone is lvling together as you seem to be, apart from the lag deaths it's easier I think to get there.

Once I start a toon and given the time to play I have to admit I find it hard to not play that toon until I either run out of time or die. How would split kamikazee's be? some on each level server so that if people have exceeded the min level they can join a higher one and visa versa? Would there be enough interest in this?

Be interested to see what the rest of you think.

:)

Hi!

Last sunday finally I was able to cath the kamikaze event - hehe it was great Fun! Laggy a bit but FUN!

Only thing I cant really accept is the coming reset and the ideas keeping that kamikaze event under the "real" Sacred experience. (hehe I mean plat and niob)

I know (pretty easy to understand) that as the lvls go higher the amount of participants lessen because of the greater requirements. So I think we should come out with a solution.

Please understand that I am not trying to say that Kamikaze sundays arent good enough at the current state they are (or with the plans for the future). I am just trying to add a few ideas to possibly make it even better.

Now back to my idea:

What if we would try OPEN for the next event? Just for trying it out. I know its not closed or HC (altrough I think we could start HC at OPEN too) but there would be great benefits we could use for our advantage.

#1, as far as I know at open there are slightly less LAG. (that would be great on its own)

#2, at OPEN we could have endless opportunities considering the chars.

- export your own toon: if you would like to stick to your own toon export and play with him/her at the event.

MUCH MORE important:

If you dont have the time to prepare your toon for a plat Kamikaze Event you can simply Download a char of the type you want to play. There are a ton of unskilled downloadable chars (no ability or skill points spent). With them its easy to create (in much much lesser time) the char you would like to play.

This way all we have is pure fun and participants at the exact same level (well at start at least) and the ability to play at plat or niob without weeks of preparation and constant fear of loosing that precious char.

To recreate the HC feeling we can simply start the game at OPEN HC or if thats not possible (honestly I am not sure ... I never ever played at open) simply ignore or delete the char after he/she died (if he/she dies).

There are a great variety of downloadable toons. I saw level 25/50/75/100/150 even level 200 ones. They are mostly unskilled chars leaving all the possible builds open for us.

As last words I need to state some things:

Playing on Open is very far away from my playing style and I would never consider it IF all this wouldnt involve you guys.

Sadly playing bronze and silver over and over is simply not for me. (just to mention that I dont have enough space on my accounts to do so)

I really think we should at least try this idea (not necessary on the official Kamikaze Sunday time) and see its usefulness.

yours truly,

Csaszar

I see your point csas, and gial, your idea is not bad at all, except that some ppl would run out of space on their accounts :)

I'd see open as the best option. That way we might even combine it with gial's idea. But csas is right when it comes to loosing our char, you'd have to level like a maniac to get to level 90 now! My daemon is what, 60 now? And I'm not sure whether I'm going to level her or just wait until I can use my mage in the kamikaze events. Although that would involve another 2 weeks wait, so I don't think that will be it. :D

I think csas has a good solution to that. I still have one of those files at my pc (chars all level 100 and stuffed with runes) which is a lot easier when you'd die atm. But, it'll be interesting what others have to say. :)

One thing: we only make hardcore chars. Right? That way I don't think we can use those char files, aren't there separate servers for hardcore and softcore?

Interesting idea! Could be worth a try for sure. One thing also in it's favour there is the dedicated server option for hosting a sunday event. (sadly I still can't round the error #35, so hosting is not an option for me) Also if it's less laggy then all the better :)

Timo...You can export your HC toon and then use that one in open or as Csaszar has suggested use one of the 'naked' ones available. They are different servers but if you have a spare slot you can export your HC one :D

Csaszar said:
Only thing I cant really accept is the coming reset and the ideas keeping that kamikaze event under the "real" Sacred experience. (hehe I mean plat and niob)

I know (pretty easy to understand) that as the lvls go higher the amount of participants lessen because of the greater requirements.

yeah.. in time invested playing sacred. That's all it requires to play on higher lvls. If your char has been strong enought to get there, it will continue to be that but whit slower leveling phase.

Csaszar said:
If you dont have the time to prepare your toon for a plat Kamikaze Event you can simply Download a char of the type you want to play. There are a ton of unskilled downloadable chars (no ability or skill points spent). With them its easy to create (in much much lesser time) the char you would like to play.

In my opinion that would just ruin the fun of building the character and it turn the game boring really fast as you don't really have to do anything to test out different builds.

Csaszar said:
This way all we have is pure fun and participants at the exact same level (well at start at least) and the ability to play at plat or niob without weeks of preparation and constant fear of loosing that precious char.

Playing in plat or in niobium are those difficultys were it matters more what you wear than how you play. So unskilled undressed characters wouldn't have anything that good stuff would have found on before getting to that level. Then you could use these characters that has fulls sets and stuff, but after that, do you even need to be playing as the all work has been done for you?

Csaszar said:
To recreate the HC feeling we can simply start the game at OPEN HC or if thats not possible (honestly I am not sure ... I never ever played at open) simply ignore or delete the char after he/she died (if he/she dies).

Open doesn't have HC opportunity if you don't export a hc toon there. Dunno how those unskilled chars are made, so can't say would fake deaths only way to play "HC" on Open

Never been playing open and never will. But I wish good luck whit this project if it gets done.

I saw gogo online, and he did get the character back. Last time I saw him, the character was in the late 50s. My Dark Elf got to 41, so I don't think I'll make the next session or even the one after it. I'd still be behind on levels, even with constant leveling or extreme power-leveling.

Hi :)

Obs:

You made some very valid points.

I tried to take everything in consideration and I got this idea because I dont really see any other way to get the event or an another event to higher lvls.

Just a few thoughts to your observations:

#1,

If you take a char (lets say an unskilled level 75 one) then stick to it till it dies the emotional link to the character could be estabilished. This way we dont need to pick new chars every time.

Of course I like the idea better to play with my own char - and no one is forced to use any downloaded char - but as I see the population of such an event wont be high enough because the level requirements.

#2,

Most of thoose chars I saw have different equipment in their stash. The best char sets (I downloaded some to testing purposes) <from a german site :D> came with all the associated sets (full) to the specific char. So equipment problems would be not that great problem. OK simply the clothes arent enough but we can export our toons and mule jewelry from them.

When the chars gain level the lower level stuff will turn outdated and new stuff could be found.

IMHO this is still better than play your own toon till level 89, equip the brand new armor what is waiting to be used and use it till 10 min while the event lasts. Then forget the char because next even will be bronze.

BTW:

Going to plat with level 75 chars with full sets - but just sets - buying all the required ammys and rings IS a real challange. (not impossible but challenging).

The main problem with this of course are the runes. Maybe we could get a full inventory of runes to each participants to change to what she/he desires.

#3,

HC is about the danger the thrill.

Killing goblins could be fun but constantly fighting weaker opponents to ensure that we stay alive goes against the meaning of HC in my eyes. Sacred is such a huge place and there are a lot of funny places. Why dont visit more of thoose places?

#4,

Well OPEN is a an area outside my experiences so I take Obs word that there isnt HC there. But as #3 playing total safe HC or playing open SC with HC attitude makes for me small difference.

If someone dies simply delete or not use that char for the event <--- almost like HC.

#5,

Maybe this open thing wasnt a good idea after all.

All I did was simply thinking loudly. Searching for a way to make an event well populated and beyond the current max level plans.

Your D.a.r.k. hearted bookworm,

Csaszar

Whoa boy, ok. lol.

Well hmmm. Lot's of ideas going on here and very much appreciated to all. :D

I do have a plan that consists of most, if not all, of the ideas put forward here but I still have several things to iron out yet. Bare in mind that the purpose of the Kamikaze is not so much about drops or server difficulties but more about, as gial mentioned, camaraderie. Not only this but it is also an activity to inspire Sacred players outside of FDM to join in the fun as it is an event open to all and not geared exclusively to FDM or [D.a.r.k.] clan.

I will say this. That the event itself is still in it's infancy and further exploration in order to discover the funnest way to run the event is necessary and so it is likely that the event will be "reset" some Sunday this month. Of course this would have absolutely no effect on anyones initiative to run a different plat/niob event.

The Kamikaze Sunday will continue to change for a little while I think as options are explored. I was actually hoping to discuss this much more after the coming Kamikaze and so I encourage everyone to come out and have fun together. :D

Kamikaze Sunday, Gung Ho Gold!

Csaszar is right about replaying low levels - I would really rather not as well, but suggested it as a way to get the casualties back into the swing.

Perhaps we could keep the one group going til everyone is 216 or dies, and every 3 weeks or so start another group at 1 (or 20 or :)) to let the waysiders get back into it. If they're really gung ho, they might even level back up and catch the leaders too. What with the noteriety we're getting at SIF, I'm sure there will be enough players for that.

Frankly, My KS kid is about as high as I've successfully played before, and will be my highest HC ever by next week, lag willing.

(KS = Kamikaze Sunday :D )

There's a possibility I may make it. Just got up to level 50 with my Dark Elf, so if I get 10 levels or more on July 4th that would be a good goal. I'd have to alternate between Silver and Gold servers once I reach level 60. Another friendly reminder to set aside some time to do the Underworld +skills and attribute quests. Schot should know where a number of them are. If not, I'd be happy to do another tour.

I'm willing to go with where Schot thinks the Kamikaze should go. This event is now the biggest event that has ever been run on a Hardcore Server since Sacred was made it's appearance. It's an event that is supposed to be stress free, full of laughs and and always open.

Continued loyalty to the event, to it's spirit of inclusivity and more importantly to the "fun" of it is is, I believe, the reason why it gets so many fans over and over week after week.

Schot is putting a lot of work into finding runes as party favors for everyone that shows up, he's going into lower levels to help the folks in getting toons ready for the event and for that, and the smileys that everyone sports in the events is telling.

HIgh level, low level...wherever the Kamikaze is held. I'll do my best to get a toon ready in time for it and if I can't, no worries...I'm confident that the week after it will be in a level that I can get to.

This is and has been always about fun, and I believe that the secret of why so many people have been showing up is because for the first time, ever, someone has made the attempt to create an event that spans all the clans, all the communities and tries to find a common ground for all players.

There are a lot of new players in Sacred HC these days, and I think that the Kamikaze's role in redefining itself as an event that the most number of peeps can get to is part of it's beauty.

Build it Schot and we will come.

:thumbsup:

gogo

Brilliantly said! Im happy just being there and included in it!

Its truly the best time Ive ever had with the game (next to the leveling outings we've done in preparation for it :thumbsup: )

Please Sign In or Sign Up