Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Er..while you're not too sober, Gogo, can I ask a dodgy question about your homeland. I gather Canada has gone metric and it has caught on a lot better than in GB. Is that

a) to show you are not 'Yanks' ?

b) to wave the local French flag ?

c) 'cos you can't stand the thought of using 'Imperial' measures ?

d) all six of the above ?

e) nothing to do with you ?

f) nothing to do with me ?

Gotta go..wife's calling. Don't think I will come to Quebec after all. Might be risky. :P

Must be my round next time I'm by :D

Edited by Bondbug

Probably a mix of that all, lol and more :P

And while we're supposed to be offically metric, the old imperial system still pokes it's head out.

Drinks, thank heavens, still come in ounce shots and not centilitres.

:D

gogo

Sorry Gogo. That was just a fatuous way of asking what you thought of metric.

I'm interested in Canada. My youngest daughter and (her) husband went out to Calgary for three years. Theoretically to do research at the Uni there, but I suspect more becos he's a ski fanatic (telemark) and they could walk into the Rockies there.

Now after three years back in England, during which they took out dual nationality/citizenship or whatever it is called, they are going back. This time to Vancouver, which seems to be as far from Quebec as England is. :P

Another question while I'm on. Do I get the impression that most of the Canadian residents in this and Sacred forum are Quebecois? You got a fan club there?

Serious for a bar, but where else can I talk. These are hardly valid 'threads'. Even in a bar there is some serious talk between drinks?

Oh well..what's yours. ;) And give Tim another coffee. :D

Mix? Anyone mixing drinks? What did I hear? :twitch:

Oh well let's start the day with coffee.. :drunkards:

Coffeee, coffeee, coffeeeeee, no coffeee for me while I'm on "vacation." This drink mixed with a good night sleep drives my body to .... hypercrazy condition, and that's not good. Coffeeeeeee, coffeeeee, coffeeeeee,... *goes to make more :pitcher: *

How about Ovaltine

Anyone up for some Ovaltine?

fp_ovaltine.gif

lol, my parents were so crazily into this stuff when I was a kid...now I hate it cuz it's all they'd give us while the lucky kids got Quick!

grrrrrrr..

:drunkards:

gogo

I still don't know what Oveline is, but scary mixes... try: coke, grapefruit juice, Upsarin (desolving aspirin), some kind of desolving vitamins and Nescafe ... When you don't have time in the morning and you cannot chose one from the above you make ... sacrifices.

I still don't know what Oveline is, but scary mixes... try: coke, grapefruit juice, Upsarin (desolving aspirin), some kind of desolving vitamins and Nescafe ... When you don't have time in the morning and you cannot chose one from the above you make ... sacrifices.

Ovaltine or whatever its written (here in Germany it's called Ovomaltine) is made of malt and wheat as a coffee replacement... the highest selling success of this stuff was at then end of WKII and the first years after.

AHHRRGSS

BEEERRRRR !! :bye::Just_Cuz_21:

Edited by PowerPyx

:bye:

Ahh I remember Ovalintines adverts...shame it tastes so disgusting! *cough* no I am not showing my age! :Just_Cuz_21: they were reruns honest!....oh nooo...get that song out of my head...'we are the ovaltinies lalalal* and erm just incase you are wondering if I remember the originals no I don't but it's still from time to time advertised here and I think though have no idea why a popular nightime drink...hehe where's mi coffee!

Pyx...great to see you here! :Just_Cuz_21:

*cracks open some ice cold beers*

Drinkies all round :Just_Cuz_21:

And Gogo We need to Stand up and raze our glasses to Schot and BHj for the cool and very very fast work they did on the graphic part of the forum. :cow_white:

Woohoooo!

OMG I need a drink! lol. Welcome back everyone! :cow_white:

Dah bar is once again open for business. Come one come all. Free drinks all around! :cow_white:

The best is yet to come. :cow_white:

Well, I'm glad the forum is back up,

as I tried to stop by and it was gone.(well sort of..) :unsure:

Have to admit the Psychedelic forum was pretty darn cool thou. :cow_white:

Well pass me a cold one, it's friday and my weekend off. :cow_white:

as a side note what is the background supposed to look like,

mine looks the same as it did when I tried to log in yesterday. :cow_white:

We are back in business!

Free drinks on the house for everyone! :cow_white:

no everyone is confused ! The drinks are not free ! You have to use the secret code when you order. Just tell the bartender

"gogoblender sent me" and the bill goes to his account What a guy Thanks gogo

smilie_prost.gif