Flix

[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix    2,935

Are you ready for a brand new Sacred 2 experience?

JcmV1yg.png

Presenting a new mod for Sacred 2 CM 1.50:

Diablo 2 Fallen

Latest update as of July 27, 2017!

Download the latest test release: Diablo 2 Fallen Beta 9

Download D2 Music Pack Here

The fonts needed for the interface are located in the pak/fonts directory of the mod. Right click each font and click "Install" to install them on your system.

Read this post for how to use D2F with the Elite Texture Pack

MliL8d5t.jpg mIwGUfxt.jpg XPcrUGNt.jpg nAyOyTht.jpg nJKp32ht.jpg vRvw6aHt.jpg aHfh1kRt.jpg

Diablo 2 Fallen is on SacredWiki! Get all the in-depth info and details on the mod!

Features:

• 7 completely overhauled character classes with brand new combat arts, runes, skills and voices
  • The worlds of Ancaria and Sanctuary merged - the lore of both games has been combined
  • 6 new deities with new divine gifts, god statues, and quests (see list below)
  • Dozens of new enemy designs, creature overhauls, plus new hero monsters and bosses (read about them in the D2F Creatures Thread)
  • New Diablo-inspired user interface, loading screens, fx, and shrines (read about them HERE)
  • Complete soundtrack and sound effects revamp (see link for D2F Music Pack download above)
  • Gems, jewels, and charms integrated into gameplay
  • New items: Necromancer Shrunken Heads, Amazon Trophies, Throwing Axes, Magic Wands, and more!
  • Overhaul and rebalance for old item designs and modifiers
  • Better quest rewards for bosses and chain quests - find more uniques and special items through questing!
    • See full list of new quest rewards HERE.
  • Optional feature: Inferno Edition difficulty patch for extreme challenge. Read about it HERE.
  • Read this post for how to use D2F with the Elite Texture Pack
  • Elite Mounts project custom version integrated into mod.
  • Custom integration of Survival Mod: Fight more powerful and aggressive enemies - with better XP & rewards!
  • Custom version of Wardust's Serious Textures built in - No need for separate download
  • Item Mod 1.2a and Reduced Fog Mod integrated
  • Rewrites for character class quests (in progress, Druid quest is partially complete)
  • Mercenaries. Hire past heroes from Sacred 1 to join you in your battles! (in progress)
  • New Diablo-related quests (in progress)

Meet the Character Classes:
BMFbVcE.pngThe Druid            I6LfIHe.pngThe Barbarian    iTcO7yM.pngThe Necromancer      TkZcb8W.pngThe Sorceress
Y4u8giL.pngThe Amazon       4ToRQj6.pngThe Paladin        7KhQIxT.pngThe Assassin

Meet the New Gods:
Gods in Diablo 2 Fallen are the Nephalem of Diablo lore, the god-like hybrids of angels and demons who became the progenitors of all the mortal races. They appear in the mod as likenesses of the original Diablo 2 character classes.

T5flmss.pngFiacla-Géar - The First Druid  sk3KoWt.pngRathma - The First Necromancer      uts6Z2f.pngHelgrotha - The First Amazon

CDPKlFq.pngEsu - The First Sorceress      TmJH5Mg.pngBul-Kathos - The First Barbarian       d1Mq1WR.pngPhilios - The First Paladin

Meet the New Monsters:
Old enemies have been redesigned, and all kinds of new enemies will appear across the map. Look out for the new bosses and "super-unique" elite enemies that will have special abilities. Read about all the enemies in the Diablo 2 Fallen Creatures Thread.

uIwWJXim.jpg 2Y6Wnnbm.jpg Bftsg7Am.jpgtLWdWsrm.jpg

D2F Strategies and Tips
Debuffs, Part 1         List of New Quest Rewards                  Visual Guide to Unique Weapons
Debuffs, Part 2         List of New Bosses & Superuniques      Note about Party Buffs
Debuffs, Part 3         Map of New Bosses & Superuniques     Druid Shapeshifting Guide

• Like 15

King Angel    58

Wooooow great, but post more pictures or video :)

Edited by King Angel
  • Like 1

gogoblender    1,488

Are you ready for a brand new Sacred 2 experience?

fuQhYJb.png

Presenting a new mod for Sacred 2 CM 1.50:

Diablo 2 Fallen

f8SycXK.jpgcLe6mDD.jpgR1nP7Pl.jpgBEiF5RF.jpg

YeI8ECT.jpgFCLFSDG.jpgOUPbn0J.jpg

Features:

Completely overhauled character classes with brand new voices, combat arts, runes and skills

New deities and divine gifts

New Diablo-inspired user interface and loading screens

Complete soundtrack and sfx revamp

New item types and overhaul to old items and modifers

Enemy design tweaks, new hero monsters, and bosses

New quests (possibly)

Elite Mounts included (hopefully)

Built-in support for Wardust's Serious Textures Mod

This is just a teaser post for now, more detailed info will come later in periodic updates. This isn't just an idea, it IS happening, I'm putting the finishing touches on the final character class now. After months of working on it I finally got it to a state where I feel confident that I can release it no matter what.

Flix, this is insane, I love it!! Mouth's stuck open staring at the work here, lush, vivid , RELEVANT...

Bravo friend!!

+++

:)

gogo

• Like 3

SX255    628

Epic.

What will be the installation requerments?

• Like 2

Flix    2,935

:drool: :drool: :drool: Flix You are the einstein of sacred :drool: :drool: :drool: Crom protect you ;)

All I got is "holy crap!"

Thank you.

Wooooow great, but post more pictures or video :)

They're coming. Soon pictures and videos will rain from the sky.

Epic.

What will be the installation requerments?

Just CM Patch 1.50. It will use the Generic Mod Enabler as always. Wardust's Texture Mod will be recommended but optional. Item Mod 1.2a hotfix should be installed beforehand it to get the restored item models but again, not neccessary. The surface.txt fix will be included anyway. The mod won't be compatible with much of anything else because so many game files are touched by D2F. But it will include difficulty adjustments comparable to the Survival Mod so there shouldn't be much that players would be wanting to have installed alongside it anyway. The music I'll make a separate download since it will have a large file size.

Flix, this is insane, I love it! Mouth's stuck open staring at the work here, lush, vivid , RELEVANT...

Bravo friend!

+++

gogo

Thank you. When I was looking through spells.txt for the Wiki pages and later when working on Enhanced Spells, I saw a lot of unused potential. Eventually I thought, "There's enough stuff here to make a whole separate set of Combat Arts." I think of Diablo 2 as the father of the modern action RPG that will know and love today. It was the start of my addiction. Its iron-clad reputation alone ensured that Diablo 3 was a bestseller despite some...questionable design choices. And now it passed its 14th anniversary this year. I thought if there was any game worthy of being recreated, it would be this classic game.

• Like 3

Ironwill    134

Sounds cool.There are already abilities identical to diablo 2 such as Inquisitor's corpse explosion,warrior's leap and summon skeletons,high elf's teleport and such.I think it will be great update improving High Elf's horrible lightning damage capacity.
Inquisitor as Necromancer is also nice and Seraphim as Paladin.

If you also add this

I'll buy it at a high price lol

A question I forgot to ask:
Would it be too complex to make a 5 level descending underground levels as a mod?
Cathedral,Catacombs,Hell etc

Edited by Ironwill
  • Like 2

Yoshio    91

Every time when I think Sacred is fine, now after CM-Patch 1.50, You show up with something brand new which just make me want it immediately! :)

But I know that I will have to wait patiently, but I also will follow closely the progress and up-dates! ;)

• Like 3

Dorimil    200

based on cm 1.50! great...I dont want to miss that anymore, so I am looking forward to this...looks awesome so far

• Like 2

SX255    628

By the way, did anyone ever try mod changing the landscape of the game?

Put a building here, an island there...

• Like 1

gogoblender    1,488

Flix, do you already have voice actors?

:D

gogo

Ironwill    134

Natalie "Seraphim"Duke http://nataliedukevoiceover.com/
Pat "Inquisitor" Duke - www.patduke.com/

They are accepting online requests,I think

For High Elf and Shadow Warrior(both have fb accounts) while Temple Guardian only seem to have linked.in account and no personal websites.

If you decide to add new voices with new actors,I would like to pay a portion too

Edited by Ironwill
  • Like 1

Flix    2,935

If you also add this...

That song's in place. Soundtrack will include the entirety of Diablo 1 + 2 and will have tracks from Torchlight 1 & 2 (same composer Matt Uelman) to fill out the soundtrack.

Would it be too complex to make a 5 level descending underground levels as a mod?

Can't be done sadly. Objects and creatures only.

For High Elf and Shadow Warrior(both have fb accounts) while Temple Guardian only seem to have linked.in account and no personal websites.

If you decide to add new voices with new actors,I would like to pay a portion too

My plan is to use voice clips from the Diablo games actually. I've already done the character intros that way. As for the in-game bits, there probably won't be enough to cover all the things that are said. I'll figure something out.

• Like 3

Ironwill    134

will you use existing models or modified models? I mean dark skinned dragon mage can look like paladin.What about others?

• Like 1

VAMPIRE    82

New creatures will change textures, or are completely new. With 150 cm and wardust mod, new textures animals have disappeared.
I have prayed a lot Crom, for you.
:sun:

• Like 1

Flix    2,935

will you use existing models or modified models? I mean dark skinned dragon mage can look like paladin.What about others?

You're forgetting one very important thing, and that is the armor. If this were a game like Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate, Titan Quest or most any other game, where the same armor is adapted for any character that wears it, I would do that. The problem with swapping the character models though is that the class's armor wouldn't fit anymore. I would have to go through thousands of pieces of Seraphim armor and meticulously edit them all to fit the Dragon Mage's model. Or else I could throw away all the Seraphim armor and have the Druid and Paladin wearing all the same things. Or else make 10+ entirely new sets of armor from scratch, which would take years.

So swapping is out. Small alterations to the character models and armor are possible though. However, I'm mostly making the visual transition by editing textures.

New creatures will change textures, or are completely new. With 150 cm and wardust mod, new textures animals have disappeared.

I have prayed a lot Crom, for you. :sun:

I don't really have the skill to make entirely new creature models. Mostly will be retextured and resized enemies. There are also some unused enemies and enemy spells in the game files I can activate. I also thought it would be cool to make more enemies with Diablo 2 powers, such as resurrecting their team mates and exploding corpses.

Gilberticus    250

Maybe a new set of armor or two would be a nice project some day for someone eager to get their feet wet, if you decide to pass on the torch instead of just calling it quits, Flix.

• Like 1

VAMPIRE    82

Flix, have you some names of creatures that have not been activated in the base game? :blush:

• Like 1

gogoblender    1,488

If you also add this...

That song's in place. Soundtrack will include the entirety of Diablo 1 + 2 and will have tracks from Torchlight 1 & 2 (same composer Matt Uelman) to fill out the soundtrack.

>

Can't be done sadly. Objects and creatures only.

My plan is to use voice clips from the Diablo games actually. I've already done the character intros that way. As for the in-game bits, there probably won't be enough to cover all the things that are said. I'll figure something out.

We can all send you personal audition soundbytes if you need pending on what kinda voices you need

gogo

• Like 1

Ironwill    134

looking great Flix!

• Like 2

VAMPIRE    82

Good night brave warriors. Flix, how your mod will use the Wardust's Serious Textures Mod. I use it without the text files. Small Kobold replacing the rats do not like me. The rest is great. But the graphics of my zombies has not changed. Must use all your text files such as surface.text. It will be included in your mod?

• Like 1